Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Discipline. Kids content.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Just sat in morrisons cafe (joy) having had breakfast and now watching the world go by before we check in to our place. Is it me or do some folk not give a flying rats ass what their kids get up to. Then in later life early teens etc wonder why the kids turn round and tell them to **** off? 🙄

Markie
    Free Member

Word.

Which isn’t to say I’ve always got complete control of my 4yo, but am always trying…

project
    Free Member

If you want to se bad kids behaviour, un intrested parents and poor diet and eating, leaving lots of food, visit sainsburys cafes.Then theres Brewsters, used to be called brewers fayre, terrible food, horrible kids running round, and fat ignorant parents who didnt care what their kids where doing,till one kid knocked a few plates of food out of a waitreses hands, they demanded compensation from the manager, free food vouchers as their child had been burnt.

A customer pointed out the waitress who was upset, was carrying 2 plates of salad, the compofamily got laughed out of the place.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I have to add this was in Newquay so some families were nice and some not so. Thankfully we’re up the coast 15 mins and so far everyone seems lovely.

Sandwich

morrisons cafe

[quote]this was in Newquay[/quote]

There’s your problem right there. Went to Newquay once, the far west equivalent to Great Yarmouth never, ever again.

ivornardon2
    Free Member

My wife gets the train from Matlock some nights and dreads stopping at Matlock Bath during school hols because that’s when the ill mannered scummage get on with their kids.

The kids are spaced out on Slush Puppies and candy floss; overexcited from the shite that is Gulliver´s Kingdom, while mum and this month’s bloke are pissed from The Fountain.

As soon as the doors slide shut the carriage takes on the atmosphere of a chippie. The ill managed brattage runs up and down the corridor screaming and if the do manage to come down for several minutes it’s to stand on the seat looking back on my hatchet faced missus. Then it´s kick the seats or bounce back constantly against the seat back.

Mum and/or bloke will try to discipline the child by use of “f***er” or “c**t” (honest). Should the brats be unresponsive to their handlers then they’re immediately rewarded with Pick and Mix, a can of liquid sugar or Ginsters.

A couple of years ago I was in JD Sports. (I’ve had a couple of pairs of innexpensive Gortex trail shoes in the past.) Brat was in a push chair while teenage mum tried some trainers on him while bloke watched. Poor kid was kicking up a fuss. Teenage mum’s response was “right, no Macdonalds for you.”

ivornardon2
    Free Member

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

This isn’t a social class issue. I’ve been in nice restaurants in the past with the very definition of middle class parents and their children have run amok and caused general havoc.

One place we went too the parents appeased their 7(ish) year old child by letting him bring his bongos with him. Unfortunately his musical talent was far outweighed by his apparent negotiating skills.

brakes
    Free Member

Bongos? Oh the humanity!?!

mogrim

This kind of thread reminds me why I like living in Spain: kids can act as kids, rather than trying to force them to behave as adults. Yeah, they make noise and run up and down, but so what? They’re kids, it’s normal.

tonyd

kids can act as kids, rather than trying to force them to behave as adults. Yeah, they make noise and run up and down, but so what? They’re kids, it’s normal.

This. All too soon they’re going to actually be adults so why make them act like one before they need to?!

I do understand your point however OP, but as above it’s not really just a social class thing. Some parents give less of a sh!t than others.

yunki
    Free Member

LOL at the OP and others.. you keep kidding yourselves on that there’s simply a right way (your way) and a wrong way (the people you look down your nose at)..

my auld man was a strict disciplinarian and I was never out of the jail until my late 20s

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

This kind of thread reminds me why I like living in Spain: kids can act as kids, rather than trying to force them to behave as adults. Yeah, they make noise and run up and down, but so what? They’re kids, it’s normal.

Agreed, it’s a totally different culture; if my two were running around the local square and under peoples chairs and tables in this country at 11pm at night I think we would get some dirty looks. In some small towns in Andalucia we’d only get stared at because the kids are mixed race. 😐

I think the problem here as mentioned is the methods used to discipline (or not) the kids when the high jinks go too far or the kids are going to seriously hurt themselves. Mind you, I think the Tarquins who have wet lettuce parents are worse; one day they will probably have jobs running the country…

mogrim

In some small towns in Andalucia we’d only get stared at because the kids are mixed race

Yeah, racism is a problem in Spain, no doubt about it. (Although there are a lot of adopted black and asian kids in Spain: the parents would be the “weird” ones, the kids would be fine…)

TuckerUK
    Free Member

This isn’t a social class issue.

Ah, but it so is. But of course it very much depends on how one defines class.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Discipline. Kids content.’ is closed to new replies.