Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Disc CX frames from Germany – any experiences?
  • bajsyckel

I’m thinking of retiring my Kona Jake and moving to a disc-equipped cyclocross setup for the coming season. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with buying framesets (or bikes I guess) from any of the German online retailers/ ebay.de, and what you’ve made of them (both to ride and to buy). Ones I’m thinking of are at the lower end of the market – likes of NOX, Gunsha or Rosebikes or generic others you might have seen. Anybody gone down this route to expand the choice of frames beyond the usual suspects available in the UK?

alwillis

I’m afraid I can’t help on the dics front, but I have taken delivery of a Rose Cross bike(http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rose-cross-pro-rs-3000-4636-530626/aid:530659) a couple of weeks ago. Did it’s first race at Wellington and performed perfectly (to me as a newbie at ‘cross).

Have also taken it on longer (30mile+) days on and off road and its been great so far. The only thing I would say is that it took a while (maybe 10 weeks) from ordering to delivery which was a pain but it was delivered before the date origianlly given. Overall a great bargain buy!!

bajsyckel

Thanks alwillis, will bear that in mind. One other that I should have mentioned in the OP was the Poison frames. Does seem that cheaper disc frames all suffer from ugly graphics syndrome though.

andytherocketeer

Mine was Droessiger, but is not a disc compatible CX frame. Think I paid €169 for it at bikexperts.de although it’s a bit pricier now, but an identical frame can be had branded as Vortrieb from bike-components.de and is also available elsewhere with various names on.

Frame is OK, and would certainly buy another (budget) frame from the same place. Packaging was budget too, but arrived in perfect condition. Far too many colour and decal options to choose from though, and plenty of HT/Trekking bike options (CX just the 1 frame).

bajsyckel

Cheers andy, theres a stunning/gopping Nicolai frame on there too at the other end of the spectrum. Also found shop4cross.de which has the new range of Ridleys (looking good) but not much cheapness as I was hoping.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Disc CX frames from Germany – any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.