Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • bottom trouble
  • watsontony
    Free Member

im fitting a chain guide. i have take the drive side out to a point and it wont unscrew any further. do i need to take the other side off aswell? im only asking because ive kind of butcherd the drive side off and dont really want to do it to the other side aswell.

i know i should of just bought the tools but what is done is done 🙂 it quite a mess like.

wwaswas

this thread deserves pictures 🙂

no, you can probably get away with just the drive side BB cup coming off and replace the spacer with the guide plate if it’s a BB mount one.

watsontony
    Free Member

yes its a bb mount one. the problem is it unscrews to a certain point and then just keeps going round but not coming out? what i doing wrong? its a spline bb

donsimon
    Free Member

There’s only one proper tool at times like this.

watsontony
    Free Member

im still pretty stuck. that guide says drive side should just come out

wwaswas

if you’re 100% sure that the thread is undone then give the other end of the axle a tap and see if it shifts it?

portlyone

A little force is required.

bigad40
    Free Member

Ask you local tool shop for a long weight.
    When you are fed up off waiting around you should be naffed off enough to go home and ‘Use The Force Luke’!

watsontony
    Free Member

done it. chain device fitted and bb back in lol. will post pics of the mees later in a new thread named bike butcher or something

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘bottom trouble’ is closed to new replies.