Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Disabled Toilets
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Watched a very funny episode of Curb Your Enthusiam last night.

Larry uses a disabled toilet because all the 'normal' toilets are in use. As he leaves the toilet a disabled man has a go at him for using the wrong toilet. Larry can't see the problem.

It made me think, I have used disabled toilets in the past but always felt like I was doing something wrong, and I'm not really sure why.

So what is so bad about it? (if anything). Are they designed exclusively for disabled people? It's not the same as using a disabled car parking space in my opinion.

I think I'm with Larry on this one.

GrahamS

Nowt wrong with a cripple-crap in my opinion.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'm too worried I might catch another disability off the seat.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

never seen a problem with it.

i use them at work all the time.

in 10 years of working in hundreds of hotels and venues around the world i have yet to see a single disabled person use one.

every good tech knows that the disabled toilet is for number 2s, usually as the door can be left open after use to minimise the offence to the next occupant.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Cleaner and more elbow room.

There's a disabled toilet at Legoland with two bogs in it, don't know what that's all about.

I did once get abused by an impatient wheelchair user who kept banging on the door shouting at me when I was in one. However, it was also the baby changing room, and far from having a nice relaxing crap in there, I was struggling with a two week old baby that seemed to have some sort of leg activated pump action rectum and an arse like a broken ice cream machine.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

are they made of lego?

not the most comfortable i'd imagine

wwaswas

"the door can be left open after use to minimise the offence to the next occupant."

but as they often open straight off a corridor everyone sees you go in and out and can judge the time between the two.

They're very useul if you have children in tow.

thatscold
    Free Member

Get yourself a radar key CLICKY

A great present for all your incontinent friends

Onzadog
    Free Member

same as people assuming cyclist have to use the cycle lane when there is one. It's a facility built to consider their additional needs, not exclusively for their use (unless it works on the RADAR key system)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

most radar toilets open with a 5 pence piece anyway

jon1973
    Free Member

same as people assuming cyclist have to use the cycle lane when there is one

But you wouldn't expect someone on a motorbike to use a cycle lane?

Onzadog
    Free Member

no, but you also can't tell cyclists to use a cycle lane if they'd rather use the carriageway.

Would you tell a disabled person off, or think it wrong, if they used a conventional toilet?

thegreatape
    Free Member

No not made of lego as far as I remember. Perhaps it's so the helper (where required) can go at the same time?

jon1973
    Free Member

Would you tell a disabled person off, or think it wrong, if they used a conventional toilet?

No, I wouldn't – I take your point.

But that is what Larry David did in the same episode when the disabled person used the 'normal' toilet 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

No not made of lego as far as I remember. Perhaps it's so the helper (where required) can go at the same time?

How far apart were the toilets? maybe they are for Siamese twins (the two bottomed variety)?

flip
    Free Member

I got a key… 8)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The two pans – perhaps one was with handrails near to it for self propelled raspberries and the other with loads of room round it for those who need assistance

nickc

Ironically, disabled toilets are the only ones you can round around in…

thegreatape
    Free Member

About 4 metres apart, so either for American Siamese twins or what TJ said.

scuttler

Two pans = siamese twins. Can't be seen to exclude certain members of society dontchaknow?

GrahamS

I got a key…

I got a secret..

flip
    Free Member

I got a secret key…

Drac

Equal opportunities works both ways.

Bunnyhop

They're great if you have a baby or small child still in it's buggy.
    Try taking in a buggy and using the the facilities in a normal loo.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

having a child IS a disability 😉

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Great places for a crafty shag though, those handrails etc create all sorts of useful footrests 😈

steve-g
    Free Member

I think you're supposed to use the disbled toilets if need be, and then if there is a disabled person waiting outside getting angry you wait for them to ask why you used 'their' disabled toilet and you shout because I've got tourettes, now F*ck Off!!

samuri
    Free Member

I used to use the disabled toilets to wash myself down in after I'd ridden in. One thing you learn very quickly about disabled toilets is that the sinks are always absolutely tiny. That's the meanest thing ever isn't it? I mean if anyone is going to have issues dealing with a small sink it's going to be someone with with some kind of disability.

I wonder if disabled people are more likely to top themselves? That would explain the dual bogs above, I mean you're hardly going to want to drown yourself in a toilet that you've just dropped a log into are you?

retro83
    Free Member

far from having a nice relaxing crap in there, I was struggling with a two week old baby that seemed to have some sort of leg activated pump action rectum and an arse like a broken ice cream machine.

😆

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Diasabled toilets are the ones with the grab handles for when you have a real growler to drop off. You know, the ones that feel like someone has ripped your insides out through your bottom.

I find them quite handy from that perspective

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

ah the 'double hander'

but they are too big to brace your legs against the back of the cubicle door for the full levitating screamer

Pigface
    Free Member

Used for shagging on the 3rd floor of the I.P.O. 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

In my last few years of playing rugby I would always go to the ladies bogs for my static warm up. Much more pleasant at most clubs, and usually better paper.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Disabled Toilets’ is closed to new replies.