Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Digital EPO
  • Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Pebblebeach-you misunderstood my post. Not dissing strava, I’m a user aswell. I was on about the depo creators. I ride 10-15 hours a week always with strava on.

scottfitz
    Free Member

I ride my bike for fun, have strava running on my phone. If I am quicker than last week that’s great, if I get a KOM bonus.
    depo user & straight line stravaknobs are irrelevant to me.

P.S straight line stravaknobs please use depo and stop trashing out trails please.

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe he uses real EPO

Time to introduce random drug testing for Strava KOMs?

I heard Lance had a few.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

P.S straight line stravaknobs please use depo and stop trashing out trails please.

PPS People who can’t corner please learn, you have been trashing corners since corners were invented.

ahwiles
    Free Member

ormondroyd – Member

Messing up other people’s fun is ****. The gentle but fair competition is part of the fun.

since when was strava ever ‘fair’?

one of friends bought a garmin gps widget to use instead of his phone, and found that he was instantly 10% slower.

He tested it and found that his phone was ‘faster’ (by the missing 10%) than his dedicated gps device.

guess which device he uses now?

wwaswas

PPS People who can’t corner please learn, you have been trashing corners since corners were invented.

+1

There was ox bow singletrack a long time before Strava came along.

tinybits
    Free Member

I saw this on face book the other day and had a ‘what’s the point’ moment It was actually quite nice to swap back to runkeeper so that I could just ride. I know this is completely in my own mind, but I can enjoy being out more, without the ‘dam, wrong gear, that’ll cost me 2 sec’s’ type feelings, and from last nights ride, I honestly think I ride better and faster because of it.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

I Just use PB’s’seriously, KOMs are pointless. If you want to see how fast you are race, you’ll soon learn the truth.

chakaping
    Free Member

Some people race and use Strava you know.

🙄

wwaswas

I honestly think I ride better and faster because of it.

If only there were some way of measuring whether you were faster on a stretch of singletrack on any given ride rather than just relying on your gut feeling 😉

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

one of friends bought a garmin gps widget to use instead of his phone, and found that he was instantly 10% slower.

He tested it and found that his phone was ‘faster’ (by the missing 10%) than his dedicated gps device.

guess which device he uses now?

And I’m consistently faster with my Garmin than I am either of my phones. Maybe I should go back and re-ride all my KOM’S with the Garmin!

Trouble is, I keep forgetting it, so end up with the phone.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

chakaping – Member

Some people race and use Strava you know.

Get away 🙄

tinybits
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    I honestly think I ride better and faster because of it.

If only there were some way of measuring whether you were faster on a stretch of singletrack on any given ride rather than just relying on your gut feeling

Yeah, alright…..

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Digital EPO’ is closed to new replies.