Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Difference between 2011 and 2012 Rockshox Reverb seatpost
  • teamslug
    Free Member

As above. How do you tell visually. Looking at one secondhand and want to be sure its as claimed, a 2012 model…Cheers

honourablegeorge

Some 2012s have a black collar, but not all.

Should be a year of manufacture on the box.

honourablegeorge

Ignore what I said, mine (with a black collar) says 2011 on the box.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

the join of the hose to the seat post is plastic on a 2011. black ally on a 2012.

teamslug
    Free Member

I’m also struggling to see the difference between these two on Merlin…apart from one having bleed kit and more options…31.6mm 125drop is what i’m after…

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/mtb-parts/saddles-posts-1/seatposts/rockshox-reverb-sale.html

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/mtb-parts/saddles-posts-1/seatposts/2012-rock-shox-reverb-seatpost.html

legend
    Free Member

possibly different internals (been through 5 iterations iirc) too, no way of knowing until/unless it fails or you take it apart

teamslug
    Free Member

Do you think its worth biting the bullet and getting a 2013 model then. CRC have the size i want on offer at £229.00

legend
    Free Member

Mine’s been great since I got it (March ’12), but personally I still feel that there’s a lot of value in the warranty for these things

crotchrocket
    Free Member

fwiw, I bought a 2011 & it failed. it was replaced with a brand new 2012 one.
    Fisher Outdoors at their best 🙂

Scapegoat

hibike.de are doing them at £167 plus shipping. Includes bleed kit and remote. Shipping ain’t all that fast, mine took five days to arrive, but prices are the best I could find, better than bike-discount.de or Rose.

teamslug
    Free Member

Thanks scapegoat. Excuse my ignorance and I’m sure this must have been covered. I’m running XTR M970 shifters and Hope X2 evo brake levers. Can i order a post with MMX fittings or will i need a bracket too?.

teamslug
    Free Member

Forget last post, found an old thread. All sorted. Gonna pull trigger on one from Hibike I think.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Difference between 2011 and 2012 Rockshox Reverb seatpost’ is closed to new replies.