Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Phoning South Africa – need to keep costs down.
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

Eldest daughter has just returned to RSA. She is based at a remote research facility in the Kalahari desert where the internet is unpredictable and can’t support Skype.Her mobile signal isn’t too bad, though, so can anyone recommend any landline/mobile to mobile systems that won’t cost me a bloody fortune? Cheers.

wwaswas

Mobile will always cost. You can get landline calls for pence,though.

sputnik
    Free Member

Cheap Calls to South Africa

I use these guys, 7p from UK landline to SA mobile.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

08444395858 has worked for me. No idea who the company is, but 3p a minute.

EDIT: It’s possibly these guys according to the recorded message http://www.telestunt.co.uk/

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

If you want to call her have you looked into using Skype to call her mobile? Will cost but likely very cheap.

tomhoward

Stay late at work, use someone you dont like’s phone 😈

globalti
    Free Member

This is cheap; we used them all the time when I was on my year overseas:

headfirst
    Free Member

We’ve used dialwise for years. Haven’t got the number to hand, I’m sure you can find it with Google. 2p a min to land lines and 3p to mobiles for calls to RSA

brant
    Free Member

headfirst – Member
    We’ve used dialwise for years. Haven’t got the number to hand, I’m sure you can find it with Google. 2p a min to land lines and 3p to mobiles for calls to RSA
    POSTED 4 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Though that of course will be to an RSA mobile. Not, as I might imagine, a uk mobile in rsa?
    She will need a local sim card to avoiding roaming fees herself.

vinnyeh

This is cheap; we used them all the time when I was on my year overseas:

You could make a 20 minute call to SA these days for the same cost as sending a postcard, let alone a letter. 🙂

danny1972
    Free Member

If you want to use a so-called call-through telecom for your international call, then read on here:

http://www.comparecallthrough.co.uk/Cheap_calls_to_South%20Africa

Here’s a whole bunch of providers. Sometimes the lines broke, but there are plenty of alternatives.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Phoning South Africa – need to keep costs down.’ is closed to new replies.