Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • did you feel the earth move?
  • grynch
    Free Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/apr/19/women-blame-earthquakes-iran-cleric

Women to blame for earthquakes, says Iran cleric

"Many women who do not dress modestly … lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which increases earthquakes,"

((( they must have some bigggggggggggggg wimen ovah there )

BigDummy
    Free Member

Is this true? In fairness, if it is, it will inevitably change the way I view female fashion.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'm now slightly worried that I might have corrupted my chastity. I had a corrupted hard-disk once, and that was a right pain in the arse.

anokdale
    Free Member

And some people think it is right we allow countries with a thought process like this to hold nuculear ambitions. 😯

Although i have had 5 days in Tehran working and had a great time socially, all underground parties and behind closed doors stuff. The people have had enough of the regime there and just want to move on and everyone i spoke to hated the poison dwarf who is in charge.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

"And now, if a natural earthquake hits Tehran, no one will be able to confront such a calamity but God's power, only God's power … So let's not disappoint God."

So basically 'Do what we say or God will smite you all'

Terrifying.

epicyclo

I'd put up with a few more earthquakes in favour of young women dressing less modestly…

Talkemada
    Free Member

And some people think it is right we allow countries with a thought process like this to hold nuculear ambitions.

Who are 'we' to 'allow' what others can and cannot do? How would you feel, if the French suddenly decided we can't drink traditionally brewed ale any more, or the Chinese ordered us to dismantle our armed forces? Iran is very far from being a stable, happy nation, but those in glass houses….

Usual bit of media sensationalism. I bet the vast majority of moderate Muslims are shaking their heads in despair over this nutter. Still, moderate and progressive behaviour doesn't sell newspapers.

I'd put up with a few more earthquakes in favour of young women dressing less modestly…

😀

miketually
    Free Member

Well, the Carlisle floods were caused by teh gays, and the New Orleans hurricane by teh blacks, so it makes sense.

Although, the Anglicans, Catholics and Muslims can't all be right.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i like the flogic* that because men cannot control their urges in the presence of women it is somehow the woman fault when men react. Bit like blaming the victim of car theft for having the audacity to own the car in the first place and flaunt it at the thief.
    * flawed logic

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

And some people think it is right we allow countries with a thought process like this to hold nuculear ambitions

I'll ask the boss. He's Iranian. Nice chap actually…..

tyger
    Free Member

Scary stuff!

anokdale
    Free Member

Fred and Peterpoddy – Like i say most Iranians are fed up with the regime and dont trust the leaders anyway.

Fred -The French wont tell us to do nothing pal, like Storming Norman said in 1991 "Taking the French to war is like leaving you accordian (sp?) at home while going deer hunting" 😉

I see you are slipping into your normal self now, books open on how long you will survive before you cause an earthquake at STW towers.

KT1973
    Free Member

most Iranians are fed up with the regime

Out of all the people I've met and worked alongside from the middle east, the Iranians tend to be the nicest most reasonable, intelligent folk.
    I agree that most of them would like a free democratic goverment. That's why there so much protests from the students against the current regime

tyger
    Free Member

Fortunately it was only a senior Iranian cleric – phew!

BermBandit
    Free Member

LOL at MSP: Fine repost there fella.

anokdale
    Free Member

KT1973 – Same experience here, worked all over the place with Iranians, good laugh the lot of them, well the ones i bumped into.

Talkemada
    Free Member

The French wont tell us to do nothing pal

Hmm, have you ever wondered that Iran might feel the same way towards the West?

Yours is a typical imperialist attitude; 'we' tell 'them' what to do. Unfortunately, it's never quite as simple as that. People generally don't like being told what to do in their own country, by others…

This story is yet another storm in a teacup. Like the other links to religious nutters claiming all sorts of nonsense. Still, gets Outraged of Middle England spluttering into their teacups I suppose…

What I always found far more disturbing, was Bush and Bliar claiming they'd had 'guidance from God' over the invasion of Iraq.

Talkemada
    Free Member

I went out with an Iranian girl, years ago. She was lovely. Such amazingly soft skin. I don't know if that's indicative of all Iranians though.

freddyg
    Free Member

My Iranian next-door-but-one- neighbour owns a pizza shop – I can't vouch for the softness of his skin though. 😯

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

"Smite me, O Mighty Smiter" . . . . .

😉

tyger
    Free Member

I wonder if it was the swimsuits that did it?

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

What caused the earthquake in Birmingham the other year? What were the brummies wearing?

surfer
    Free Member

How would you feel, if the French suddenly decided we can't drink traditionally brewed ale any more

Not sure us drinking real ale has the potential to wipe out millions of people! Although some of it really makes me fart.

freddyg
    Free Member

^^^^^ He sells kebabs too – I wonder if the doner was badly packed? 😳

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘did you feel the earth move?’ is closed to new replies.