Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dialled PA + Manitou Minute 100mm 20mm?
  • Conqueror
    Free Member

Dialled PA + Manitou Minute 100mm 20mm?

What you reckon? Considering getting the 100mm Manitou Minute Elite Absolute. I dont think i need much travel, but want the 20mm axle. Will it be too steep?

120mm Reba looks good but is £££££

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Maybe not too steep, depends what you consider steep?
    What about the 140mm Minutes on CRC?

Conqueror
    Free Member

The 140s on CRC look good… but I seem to remember reading negative things about the IT system… this might be BS/rumours.. but who knows?

Also i think TF Tuned dont service IT forks and madison = hopeless? . Don’t know how easy the IT forks will be to maintian/service in general.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

You could be right with the TFT thing, but if youre looking at Manitou anyway, then surely its in for a penny…..

mamadirt
    Free Member

I have the 120mm 20mm thru axle Minute Absolutes – lovely forks and the lockout is a godsend. Bought them for my Tazer which is now stripped down for ebay, so they’re currently holding up the front of my Inbred as a temporary measure until I sort my new ‘bigger bike’ project out at the end of the month. If you can hang on for 3-4 weeks I’ll be selling them – give me a shout if you’re interested. Paid £319 at CRC a couple of months ago – looking for around £220 including postage (have original packaging and receipt)

mama DOT dirt AT ntlworld DOT com

Conqueror
    Free Member

Hmm might be an idea mamadirt. Depends if they been ragged though? As you can get lower travel version (100mm) at CRC for only 50 quid more and things on ebay at various prices.

I’d quite like some forks soon as well. Since ive been waiting for a couple of months to build this frame (cash flow) – now this is sorted though.

freeridenick
    Free Member

I wouldnt go that short on a PA, would be very steep. I run Pikes at 140 on my PA. Plenty of sag though as its the softest spring, feels perfect to me.

Conqueror
    Free Member

Yeah i saw a picture of a PA with pikes.. looked quite slack though?

I agree 100mm could be in danger of making it ridiculously steep…

gahhh just cant decide what to get

wondered about paying extra and getting Magura Thor or Van RLC with q15… but that means converting the front pro2 to 15mm (pain in arse?).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dialled PA + Manitou Minute 100mm 20mm?’ is closed to new replies.