Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • show us your steel hardtail !!!!!
  • MrSparkle

Current one

Long since changed incarnation of my favourite bike

Sadly missed

Soon to be reborn. Possibly.

Retro-tastic

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Yeh, one thats not been on yet!

Saccades
    Free Member

456EBB with alfine…

Currently a frame in the shed

simonside
    Free Member

No pikes/maguras here! Factory colour match forks(almost) 8)

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Northwind

Just bought this frame on tuesday, built it up on wednesday and thursday, took it for its first ride on saturday and, er, crashed it. I think I’ll chill on sunday.

Love it 8)

roper
    Free Member

RoterStern
    Free Member

My 456 ‘hack bike’

The SS.

The crosser.

All ferrous.

theboatman
    Free Member

Oh, go on..

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It would appear that this is the only proper ‘custom’ steel hardtail up to now. (haven’t checked every post) Built in 1992 from Tange Prestige & still going strong, this is the Mk 6 version. (Best bike I’ve ever ridden)

downgrade
    Free Member

JxL
    Free Member

Northwind: your bike looks amazing! What size is the frame (and your inside leg)? I am looking at either Wanga or Cotic Soul now.

CountZero

EsselGF, what is that frame? I can’t make out the name on my phone’s screen. It’s a beautiful piece of work, and those fillet brazed joints are fabulous. Nice mix of retro with the Pace forks and disc only with risers. I truly covet that bike, I think I’ll just retire with a box of tissues now… 😉

roper
    Free Member

roper
    Free Member

This is mine

Ridden in Mijas yesterday
    here

and here

Great route, great day and lovely bike

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock: that is an extremely pretty bike. love love proper bike pron.

more pics please?

I think the souls look classy

brant
    Free Member

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

nice moves Brant

Vortexracing

bloody teaser

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

For CountZero & Buzz,
    Last week.
    Previous guise with the scruffy ‘who’d nick that’ look.
    & before that. What’s that seatpost doing?
    & before that.
    & before that, mk 2 version.
    & finally the original one, which was too big for me so I had it changed. It was built by a small engineering company called Fleet Engineers by a guy called Kevin Winter & was branded as a ‘Denton’ as in Denton Cycles (Newcastle) Since I first had it changed by the builders it’s simply been a ‘Fleet’. Whenever I require anything doing to it i take it to Fleet Enterprises up in Chilton near Durham, Peter looks after it for me! It’s been all over Scotland & Northern England & in the light blue version we went to Chamonix & I gave her some hammer there! we did a loop from Ambleside yesterday as well, I’ll never ever get rid of it, but I intend having the geometry altered for some 130 forks.
    The beauty of steel eh?

Forgot to mention, It’s a bit like Triggers brush though, i think the only original tubes are the right hand seat & chainstays, BB shell & toptube!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock

That’s a great story about a great custom bike. I think there is a really good magazine story there. Get in touch with the Eds mate.

deluded
    Free Member

Go on then.

chela
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – great story. It’s pretty amazing to have a frame’s geometry changed over the years. Makes the rest of us look a bit shallow and wasteful 😉

Northwind

Cheers JxL, I’m really pleased with it. Though the white saddle’s possibly a bit jey 🙄 The sizes come up pretty small, I’m 5’10 and 33 inch inside leg, the frame’s a 17.5 medium and as you can see it still needs a lot of seatpost. It’s barely any bigger than my small On One. I don’t know much about the Wanga but apart from the high price I’ve no hesitations recommending the Soul, it’s exactly as good as everyone says.

Oh, also got a 1991 tange-tubed steel carrera rigid in bits in the garage, getting a coating of hammerite’s finest and then rebuilt for road and occasional offroad use… Sure it’s “just” a carrera but its served me well for longer than some members on here have been alive :mrgreen:

GaryLake
    Free Member

clareymorris: losing the P7 wasn’t too bad – I replaced it with the Five 😀 It was the motivation I needed to drop the cash which I’d been agonising over for too long…

RDL-82
    Free Member

garylake: how you finding the io now you’ve had it a bit (i’m the one off flickr you was asking) how come your getting rid of the rigid fork?

Here’s mine:

got a carbon fork winging its way to me, and

not getting as much love as it should at the minute, must get out more

franki
    Free Member

Another io:

GaryLake
    Free Member

RDL – oh hey!

I love the bike! I’m getting rid of the rigid fork purely because I’ll have a Fox float sat around going spare but also, it’s such a playful little bike and it feels like a rigid fork is holding it back somewhat… My guess is it’s going to be a riot once it’s got some bounce up front.

teddy
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl

Yet another 853 SS

RDL-82
    Free Member

GaryLake – Member

RDL – oh hey!

I love the bike! I’m getting rid of the rigid fork purely because I’ll have a Fox float sat around going spare but also, it’s such a playful little bike and it feels like a rigid fork is holding it back somewhat… My guess is it’s going to be a riot once it’s got some bounce up front.

i know what you mean, i was out the other day a the trails were seriously fast, and i couldnt help but think a little bit of bounce up front would of added to the fun, however cant see the boss agreeing to another purchase just yet 😀

give me a shout on here or through flickr and let me know what you think when its done.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have just built a green Genesis Altitude 30 frame with a mix of XT / SLX / LX to compliment my Genesis iO and to sit in the shed with my Genesis Flyer and Genesis Equilibrium road bikes. So that is a complete fleet of steel framed bikes.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Here is the latest addition to the fleet.

topangarider
    Free Member

Does the 09 Genesis IO have rack mounts anyone?

Cheers

Coasting
    Free Member

I cant believe how rediculously high some of these setposts r.

slimtubing
    Free Member

my 631 dakota, not seen too many around, in this guise I was selling to a mate so hence the minging saddle, tyres and cheapo flats. was a nice bike but had to go.

Mister-P
    Free Member

“Does the 09 Genesis IO have rack mounts anyone?”

Not the singlespeed but the Alfine equipped ID does.

brack
    Free Member

My 96 Killy ..still going strong….( touch wood)

doughnuthead
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘show us your steel hardtail !!!!!’ is closed to new replies.