Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Dialled Alpine Mki Sizing
  • hemi01
    Free Member

New here but have been enjoyin all the banter for last year or so. Need a new do everything bike and have almost settled it…the Alpine and the Evil Sov. Sizing has been easy on the Sov but I cant find the geo’s for the Alpine Mki (mate has a used one for sale).I’m 5’9″/inner leg 30″. Will the 17/22 be ok for going up as well as down?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yep, I reckon that size will be spot on for you. It’s designed to be chucked around. Mine is a MK1 17/22 and I’m 5’11, long thomson post and short stem = a right giggle.

hemi01
    Free Member

You know where i can find the geo’s for the mki? Have had a helluva a time trying to find them. Sent Mike@dialled an email last week and havent heard back.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’m sure a few people here will know. Mine is a proto but I think it’s the same as the production ones.

One frame I’ll never sell.

hemi01
    Free Member

Did they even make a 17/23 in the Mki?

legend
    Free Member

At 5’9″ I have no idea why you’d want a 17 in a frame like that. It’s a dh biased frame so go for the 22 – 15 (i had the shorter one, but that was really small)

hemi01
    Free Member

Being a fan of a lot the English builders it blows being in the states. We can never get our hands on any of these things to demo unless someone we know has one. I def’ly agree with your point but trying to get something that i can ride for XC stuff as well. I ride an 18″ Inbred 456 now and it solid for XC as well as all mtn rides. I just dont have any standover clearence.

scruff
    Free Member

I had mark 1 and 2, the Mk 1 is just shorter in the TT, Im pretty sure everything else was the same. They have LOTS of standover.

Its a great all day frame.

legend
    Free Member

Scruff, there were 4 sizes of mk1 remember. It was the short versions of these that really were tiny

accu
    Free Member

mk1 were 4 sizes, 15.5/21, 15,5/22, and 17/22,17/23..
    the 17/23 frame with 160mm fork had 67 headangle,73 seatangle, BB 13,4,chainstay 16,75, wheelbase 44,3..
    had a mk1 and now a mk2…just brilliant !

waiting for the Ti Alpine …

hemi01
    Free Member

Spot on! Thanks. Exactly what i was looking for. Will be rocking the 110-130 Revs on this and should put right at the angles i need for the utility rig I want this to be.

legend
    Free Member

Seriously, get the 15

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

5’10, got a Mk1 15.5/22 and it is a total hoot. Doing bikefest as a pair on it, raced it in team at bike and Octoberfest. Brings out the 12yr old in me and is more “fun” than my full suss (which is brilliant itself). 140revs on mine FYI.

freeridenick
    Free Member

17 to big.

I have a 16.5/21.5 kobe and and a 15.5/22.5 PA and same size as you

souldrummer
    Free Member

I have a Mk 1 17/23 and I’m about 5’11, but with a long back. Like others have said it is great fun to ride and can bring out the child in you. 150mm ZIs on mine; heavy, but great forks.

hemi01
    Free Member

Did the mki’s still weigh about 5.5 lbs (2.5kg)?

singlecrack
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 30″ inside leg
    I have the mk1 15.5/21tt I did think it was a little short in the tt but now I’m used to it I’m glad I stuck with it.

For you I’d go for the 15.5 for sure , 21 or 22 tt

P.s they ARE such fun to ride ….

hemi01
    Free Member

single…what stem/bar setup do you use with your 15.5?

hemi01
    Free Member

Those of you about my size…would like to hear what you have found to be your ideal cockpit setup for all mtn/trail.

hemi01
    Free Member

Well i went ahead with the 17/22. We shall see how it gets sorted. Got just a screamin deal…225 USD including post…and I figure if it is to big then I will dump and do something different. Thanks for the help. If anyone wants to let me in on the bar/stem set up i’d love to hear about it.

legend
    Free Member

Short stem, wide(ish) bars same as everything else.

I still maintain that the 15 will be a better size.17 might work better for long xc, but an Alpine is far for the ideal weapon for that

scruff
    Free Member

Had 60mm stem & low rise 740 bars on mine.

singlecrack
    Free Member

70mm stem amd low rise 720 bars

You should have gone with the 15.5 …….sorry

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Alpine Mki Sizing’ is closed to new replies.