Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • DH Bikes
  • rockitman

Went to Caersws on the weekend and really enjoyed it. I was on my Yeti 575 and would have liked to have a go at it on a DH bike. Anyone know:

a) Can you hire DH bikes for a weekend? If so, where from?

b) Any recommendations on a DH bike for a tall guy – felt very cramped on my one previous encounter.

Thanks in advance

LoCo
    Free Member

P.S cycles in Abercarn, near Cwmcarn maybe able to help, really nice and helpful lot there.

http://www.pscycles.co.uk/

steveh

I'm not aware of anywhere that hires dh bikes officially, Pearce cycles run uplifts around shropshire and have some demo bikes so might be able to do something.

You're needing a large bike will make this more difficult though as they'll likely have mediums for testing. Iron Horse Sundays in large (19") are pretty big as are the trek session 88's.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

you could always try a demo 8, they are pretty roomy and will cope with any DH track, also pretty cheap to pick up now!

VanHalen

got a large norco shore frame (6-7" travel) going cheap if you are interested. £200 for frame and back wheel (150mm spaced hub). got some 6" boxxers to go with as well if you want.

email me if interested – markn at hop.uk.com

IA

I'm 6'4" and ride a large socom with a 60mm stem, fits good. Large glorys are also long, as are 19" sundays (as above).

It's hard enough to buy big DH frames, let along get a proper go on one.

Alpine in inners hire them, but that's no good to you…

juiced
    Free Member

have a look at the iron horse bargain on chain reactioncycles.
    It is also very hard to buy tiny dh bikes.

rockitman

Thanks for the advice. Just toying with the idea at the moment and if I was to do anything it would be dependant on a few other factors but thanks for the offer Van Halen.

Will look into Alpine, next time I'm at Inners

jamesca
    Free Member

i'd also recommend a large demo 8, i'm 6'4 and it's a perfect fit. however at 4k for a 2010 it would have to be a lot better then my 06

backhander
    Free Member

Theres a large bullit on SDH.
    No idea if they're big but it's a nice build.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘DH Bikes’ is closed to new replies.