Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Devolvement of Cycling England – Your Thoughts?
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

Cycling England is to be devolved & integrated into the DfT

So instead of an independent(ish) national body driving for improving cycling, it will be down to local authorities to decide whether they can be bothered (or afford) to do anything positive… and in the current climate of cuts, cuts and more cuts spending on one group won’t go down well with the general public.

I foresee any benefits and progress made under Cycling England being
    unsustained.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Worse than that. If local authorities do anything, it will be driven by cycling enthusiasts which often means that normal people riding bikes as transportation tools might not be considered in the specific way they should be to encourage more people to commute.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Hmmmmm. 1 response in 7 hours.

Clearly, nobody really cares, which says a lot.

midlifecrashes

What’s Cycling England ever done for me?

roger_mellie

Easy tiger – do you know how many topics get started on STW? There are only so many hours a day to wade through them all y’know.

ahwiles
    Free Member

joao3v16 – Member

clearly, no-one’s heard of them, nor has the slightest idea what they do.

geoffj

Worse than that. If local authorities do anything, it will be driven by cycling enthusiasts which often means that normal people riding bikes as transportation tools might not be considered in the specific way they should be to encourage more people to commute.

Easy there tiger – none of that talking sense on STW please 😆

loddrik
    Free Member

It’s splitting itself into niches of niches of niches of niches and so on. Eventually it’ll collapse under the gravity and weight of it’s own nicheness and reinvent itself as rollerblading in Lycra.

Me? I’ll carry on riding in wales where the 5in full sus bike is still relevant..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Devolvement of Cycling England – Your Thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.