Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Deore brake lever not returning fully after braking
  • ollybus
    Free Member

Bikes a couple of months old fitted with Deore disc brakes. When I release the front brake lever after braking it partially sticks on. I can flick the lever out to release it. I’ve lubed the lever pivot, removed pads and cleaned up the caliper with disc brake cleaner but no improvement. Any ideas or is it time to give them a bleed?

kayak23

Like this one? (it comes to a sticky end…)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBFzIehsmqA[/video]

That’s my XT lever right there. I’ve had it happen a few times now with Shimano levers. Only solution really is to replace it I’m afraid. Annoying but pretty cheap to do.

Obviously if it’s a new bike then take it back. Otherwise, it shouldn’t cost you more than about £25.

I tend not to spray any kind of anything into the lever as I’m convinced it does them harm and I’m also very careful with water inside the lever when washing my bike(every year if it needs it or not…)

ollybus
    Free Member

Yep, that’s about it, although mines only a Deore spec. Surprised its gone west so quick.

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

There’s 2 years warranty on them IIRC – Take them back?
    We had some Zee’s at work that had a similar issue, and they were replaced under warranty.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Deore brake lever not returning fully after braking’ is closed to new replies.