Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dentists, ice, accidents, Apple $"&%!!
  • zbonty

A trip to the dentist for two fillings this morning. Left numb mouthed and £170 lighter but he’s good at his job.

However, i stepped out the door on to icy (steep) stairs and went down all seven stairs in an instant. Landed on my elbow/hand. Nothing broken, but palm/ elbow quite bruised and hurty so this afternoons ride was off 🙁

Went back in to make them aware/make safe as steps were lethal (i was lucky) Iphone screen in my pocket smashed so dentist agreed to cover the cost..

Went to Apple shop who said as the Iphone 4s screen was ‘integral’ they cannot replace it, but can sell me a new one for £120 (which sounded good until i opened my mouth).. and i mentioned i already had a screen replaced (in indy phone shop)
    So Apple shop lady then tells me to get !£%& as they won’t touch it due to phone killing non official parts being fitted!!

Opinions/abuse sought please!

Stoner
    Free Member

dont buy a lottery ticket this week. Complete waste of money.

Cougar

Go back to your independent phone shop?

robdob
    Free Member

I suppose it’s up to them what work they take on or not.

Maybe go back in another day and say less??

chambord
    Free Member

Take it to the indy shop again?

EDIT: Yeah what Cougar said!

stealthcat

Talk to wysiwyg on here – he’s good (and quick) at fixing iphones…

(See previous posts of mine for more detail!)

slowoldman

If the dentist is covering the cost does it matter how much?

zbonty

dont buy a lottery ticket this week. Complete waste of money.

Nah, lost my job last week so i’m due some luck!

Maybe go back in another day and say less??

This!! In disguise 😉

Take it to the indy shop again?

Least favourite option and possibly why videos don’t record sound any more!!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Get it repaired wherever you can and get the dentist to reimburse you for the cost.
    Is there anything else obvious you’d like to be told?

bruneep

Brush his teeth regularly and stay off the sugary drinks

stealthcat

Definitely try Wysiwyg, then – he found a whole load of other things wrong with my phone and sorted them out as well – I think I needed one more part he hadn’t quoted for, but the last person who repaired it had made a couple of mistakes that he sorted at no extra cost…

muddy_bum
    Free Member

Don’t you feel aggrieved that the dentist hadn’t made the stairs safe particularly as they are steep?
    Sue, get compensation, buy a new phone and find a new dentist.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Poor O.P!

Hope the day ends with a positive.

zbonty

Thanks to bigyinn, you are this thread’s official STW miserableist. Have a nice weekend 😀

Not really into sueing my dentist, just relieved i was’nt badly injured.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Go for the new phone at £120. The dentist is probably more concerned about you involving one of those no win no fee lawyers and taking him for a lot more than £120. He’ll probably think that getting away with only paying out £120 that he’s got off very lightly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dentists, ice, accidents, Apple $"&%!!’ is closed to new replies.