Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Democracy = shouting the loudest?
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Okay so I have watched those countries in “revolution” on popular TV channels then I thought ahhhaaa … Democracy in action what a lovely gestures … Ohhh … wonderful people.

Hang on a minute the population in PharaohLand is 80 Million and one million (apparently) started protesting and by demanding Dear Leader to step down. What about the 79 million? Aren’t they majority?

Worst still now the whole world is starting to bully Dear Leader especially from the two brotherly lovers like US Of Obumman and UK of Camhero. I mean even before the dust settle they have started to jump on the band wagon by siding the 1 million protesters and by demanding Dear Leader to step down …. WTF!!! Are they trying very hard to be likable? What about the 79 million? Are they saying the 79 million should obey the ruling of the 1 million?

1 million protest but 79 million remain quiet.

1 million dictate to 79 million to change govt.

Democracy = Demo-reaction?

WTF!

🙄

donsimon
    Free Member

If the other 79 million don’t exercise their rights……

Anarchy is the only true democracy. 😈

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

🙄

I liked that bit most…..it kinda summed up your post nicely.

Stoner
    Free Member

ah, Ernie, but when you do get a genuinely representative, democratic act like, say, Conservatives polling the most votes in a general election, we do get people bitching about it so! 😉

CaptJon
    Free Member

Aren’t they calling for a dictator to stand aside and let democratic elections happen, so everyone can chose the next leader?

sc-xc

or,

1 million protesting
    79 million either (a) agreeing with the 1m activists or (b) disagreeing with the 1m, but not enough to do anything about it.

chewkw
    Free Member

CaptJon – Member

Aren’t they calling for a dictator to stand aside and let democratic elections happen, so everyone can chose the next leader?

Yes, 1 million “calling” … not even half.

🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

we do get people bitching about it so!

Really ? Who’s been challenging the election result then ?

Or do you mean what I suspect that you mean, which is that democracy in the UK ended on Thursday 6 May 2010. …..and will next make a reappearance some time in 2015 ?

Your definition of democracy is somewhat different to mine. For me it’s about the people governing themselves. Not, them being asked every five years who they would prefer to rule them.

The problem with slavery was not the fact that slaves didn’t get a say in who their owner was you know.

chewkw
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member

or,

1 million protesting
    79 million either (a) agreeing with the 1m activists or (b) disagreeing with the 1m, but not enough to do anything about it.

or

1 Dear Leader remains
    79 million either (a) agreeing with Dear Leader or (b) disagreeing with the 1m, but just too polite to tell the 1m to shut up?

🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So Mubarak would easily win any election then ?

What’s your problem then chewky ? ……the protesters are obviously on a loser.

sc-xc

the inclusion of that smiley at the end of each post does not make your argument any more compelling chewkw.

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

So Mubarak would easily win any election then ?

What’s your problem then chewky ? ……the protesters are obviously on a loser.

Are you saying the silent 79 million are dumb?

Surely if it is that wrong with Dear Leader shouldn’t there be more people protesting instead of the “1” million?

The losers are those protesters who try to intimidate the 79 million into agreeing with them.

If democracy means the minority rules then Dear Leader is legitimate.

sc-xc – Member

the inclusion of that smiley at the end of each post does not make your argument any more compelling chewkw.

This is a smiley 😀

This is not the exact smiley 🙄

sc-xc

d;-)

wasn’t that the old smiley chewkw?

I always liked your smiley, because I never used to understand your posts.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Democracy in the west is the illusion of choice orchestrated by a financial elite financing both sides of the political spectrum, while also financing brutal dictatorships in other countries of use to them.
    🙂

sc-xc

This is not the exact smiley

That is precisely what I am talking about. Hats off to you for posting in your second language, but I just don’t get it.

delusional
    Free Member

The problem with slavery was not the fact that slaves didn’t get a say in who their owner was you know.

I like this quote, and may well have to steal it for later use.

Thanks 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member

d;-)

wasn’t that the old smiley chewkw?

I always liked your smiley, because I never used to understand your posts.

LOL! That is a delinquent d;-) with a baseball/chav cap.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No cheeky, but maybe you are ?

With 79:1 million in favour of Mubarak, how could he lose an election ?

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

No cheeky, but maybe you are ?

With 79:1 million in favour of Mubarak, how could he lose an election ?

Democracy means majority rules does it not?

So why is that 79 million favouring DearLeader is wrong?

Why should 79 million force to agree with 1 million?

Are you trying to impose 1 million Dear Leaders on the will of 79 million because 79 million are just favouring one Dear Leader?

🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Is that what happens then when there’s an election chewwy ?

chewkw
    Free Member

Democracy means …

Look at me, look at me … I am demo-ing for your greater good.

Yes, it is for your good that I am protesting.

Listen to me as I know what is good for you because we are democracy. Yes, oh pity you for no knowing what democracy means before. Let us educate you with the meaning of freedom because we know better.

Look at the Dear Leader, look at him, he is not giving you the freedom. We, however, are democracy and hence you should listen to us and not Dear Leader.

Democracy – the evolution of narcissism.

Look at me I am shy.

🙄

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

Is that what happens then when there’s an election chewwy ?

Because 79 million have not demanded or have gone ape shite.

Or perhaps 79 million just let Dear Leader gets on with his job?

IanMunro
    Free Member

How have you come to the conclusion that 79 million favour the DearLeader?

chewkw
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member

How have you come to the conclusion that 79 million favour the DearLeader?

Because John Snowy said approximately 1 million protested so I guess the 79 million must either be eager slaves to Dear Leader or simply mechanical.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So elections are just an “inconvenience” which get in the way of the job cheekwy ?

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

So elections are just an “inconvenience” which get in the way of the job cheekwy ?

If 79 million out of 80 million say so then so be it.

They love Dear Leader so what’s wrong with that?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They love Dear Leader so what’s wrong with that?

Nothing cheeky ………….. you’ve convinced me.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Because John Snowy said approximately 1 million protested so I guess the 79 million must either be eager slaves to Dear Leader or simply mechanical.
    It’s an odd assumption to make.
    Were you to provide some cogent evidence to support it, then it might become credible.
    As an aside 1/3 of the population is under the age of 14.
    About 9-10 million are under the age of 4. Are you suggesting that these 0-4 year olds have a pro or anti Mubarak agenda?

Del

think the term you are( no doubt ) looking to hear is ‘silent majority’, but of course, politicians don’t really give a f*ck about the silent, so long as they’re quiet. 🙂
    professional politicians blow goats, until politics is their only profession.

Jamie
    Free Member

About 9-10 million are under the age of 4. Are you suggesting that these 0-4 year olds have a pro or anti Mubarak agenda?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men babies to do nothing. So they are all complicit.

IanMunro
    Free Member

🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

We could do with some of that here, so long as I can remember, all of our elected representatives have been a bunch of barstewards.

Junkyard
    Free Member

a genuinely representative, democratic act like, say, Conservatives polling the most votes in a general election, we do get people bitching about it so!

even chewkw knows the answer

Democracy means majority rules does it not

Which they coalition have …ah dmeocracy a beautiful faultless system of represenation of the people’s wishes
    Nice line BTW

boxelder

Like with most things in life, it’s up to a minority who can be bothered to move things forward. The majority can’t be arsed and only twine when they get less.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

According to the Guardian, Mubarak said in an interview with ABC’s Christiane Amanpour :

“I am fed up. After 62 years in public service, I have had enough. I want to go. If I resign today, there will be chaos. Ms Amanpour you’ve got to let me know, should I stay or should I go ? If I go there will be trouble, and if I stay it will be double. So come on and let me know”

Mubarak: ‘If I go now there will be chaos’

chewkw
    Free Member

Dear Leader has done well for so long preventing those maggots from further infestation.

Long live Dear Leader! Long live Dear Leader! Long live Dear Leader!

Step on those maggots.

😈

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Chewy, please tell me you look like this………..I’ll be disappointed if you don’t

Northwind

Hang on… So you’re saying that a huge turnout of protestors being listened to (turning out at personal risk despite deaths in the street, against a military dictator) is undemocratic even though they’re protesting against a man who took his position by totally falsifying an election?

So what would be democratic then? Allowing a crooked election to stand unless 50% of the population are out in the street?

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

Chewy, please tell me you look like this………..I’ll be disappointed if you don’t

No, I don’t look like that celebrity maggot but if you wish you may kneel down to ask me for forgiveness for you sin in advocating delusional ideologies.

😈

chewkw
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

Hang on… So you’re saying that a huge turnout of protestors being listened to (turning out at personal risk despite deaths in the street, against a military dictator) is undemocratic even though they’re protesting against a man who took his position by totally falsifying an election?

1 million protest while 79 million remain silent so are you saying that the 79 million are fools?

Or are you saying the 1 million know better than the 79 million and need to educate the 79 million that 1 million is far intelligent …?

Until such time as there are 40 million protesting it is still minority ruling over majority. What you have is in fact championing minority rules. Democracy … Demo-cry loud. Those are bunch of self serving delusional greed.

So what would be democratic then?

Definitely not 1 million trying to dictate to 79 million.

Allowing a crooked election to stand unless 50% of the population are out in the street?

Are you saying within the 1 million there are no crooks? I would rather have 1 crook to deal with than 1 million. You do the math.

OButtman & CamHero are all playing a very dangerous game by supporting those one million …

🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Democracy = shouting the loudest?’ is closed to new replies.