• This topic has 21 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Si.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Deliciously delectable Dartmoor – pics
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Went out with Trailmonkey and co on a fab tour around Dartmoor. We started in Bovey Tracy, but were soon climbing up on to the moor. Not too sure what the weather was like for the rest of the UK, but it was sunny all day. Fabulous and a really brilliant first ride around Dartmoor.

Here is the full set.

IMG_6109

I could have taken 10 times the photos, and it goes without saying due to riding I didnt photo the techy steep rocky slippy descents which were just a tad too much for me but still brill.

julianwilson
    Free Member

nice to see the Hound of the Basket Meals in there!

will
    Free Member

Great shots, looks a fun ride indeed!

trailmonkey

Great fun indeed. Glad you liked your first taste of Dartmoor Simon. Some nice shots. 8)

white101

Simon, since you got back to the UK have you actually spent any time off the bike? I envy you your recent riding trips

knottie8
    Free Member

NIce pics of a great looking ride.

simonralli2
    Free Member

White

Heh – well don't forget I am now studying holistic science where we are encouraged to be out in nature as much as possible to do active observation in the Goethian scientific tradition.

Yep – was certainly excellent and as I said to the others I am not particularly fast on the downhills but just love being out with happy bikey people in nature with trees and streams and stuff like that 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

Oh and while I am on the subject of uni, I thought as I am now a hippy student studying ecological things I really need to grow my hair. Are you guys digging my new look? Causes havok with my Giro though

Padowan
    Free Member

Nice photos Si!

I also had a great day, my first ride on the moors too, and my first ride with STW folks. Definitely up for some more in the near future – need some more practice on slippery granite!

crispybacon
    Free Member

so which one of the riders is morpheus then??

white101

could prompt a 'what helmet for mullet?' thread…..

dartmoor_rocks
    Free Member

has anyone met morpheus ?

Shinythings
    Free Member

Glad the 2 new Si's enjoy their introduction to just a very small part of what's on offer.
    Pretty much how our rides are chaps and this time of year is very picturesque. You might want to get a bigger SD card for when you get over to the middle of the moor, Mr Ralli! 🙂

4 of us now suffering dangerous hangovers from hitting the Cider bar after the ride 😯

trailmonkey

could prompt a 'what helmet for mullet?' thread

A 661 Mullet obviously 😀

has anyone met morpheus ?

Strangely, he didn't show up, despite the invite. Obviously he's happy to have all this wonderful riding on his doorstep but never actually find it himself 😕

slugwash
    Free Member

Looks like you made the most of the good weather. The green lanes around the South Hams are a bit dodgy at the moment, what with autumnal leaf-fall hiding the bigger rocks and gullies and the recent downpours rearranging the topography.

Talking of cider, we did our annual Totnes Dangerous Dads apple pressing yesterday. Employing child labour to collect the fruit from an old cider orchard we managed to get a hundred odd gallons of the stuff from the press. I've personally laid down 13 gallons towards next years scrumpy and last years pressing is now well and truly matured. I got my own cider hangover out of the way by late afternoon yesterday after a spontaneous Friday night scrumpy session 🙂 …… or maybe 🙁

See you out on the Moor.

jam-bo

nice – i had an ace day learning how to paddle again. nice to see the moors from another perspective….

simonralli2
    Free Member

Slugwash

At Schumacher College there is a cider day next Saturday where everyone mucks in to make cider. It's handy living in a college which is half a mile or less from the Cider Press centre ay? Unfortunately I will be putting the world to rights at a conference in Bristol that day, but will no doubt be enjoying the fruits of this labour in days to come. Hope to catch up with you on a ride too some time.

Trailmonkey – I wouldnt mind doing a bit more of the Bovey area and maybe checking out Lustleigh too and those descents? Am probably going to be out biking on the Sunday no doubt.

Si

trailmonkey

slugwash – 😯

simon, i'm at college on Saturday so Sunday suits me fine. maybe start from hound tor and go see some of the neolithic remains ?

noteeth
    Free Member

Great pics Si.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Trailmonkey – yeah – would love to see some standing stones and stone circles if possible this time?

Del

we got them 😉

Si
    Free Member

Sundays good for us too as working most of sat. Be good to see if Easdon has been cleared too as promised…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Deliciously delectable Dartmoor – pics’ is closed to new replies.