Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • decent pub grub around castle douglas, kirkudbright, auchencairn
  • ianv
    Free Member

Any recommendations for decent food in this area?

Cheers

white101

its been a while since I ate there, but the hotel next to the tower (murray arms??)in Gatehouse of fleet was nice

stumpynya12
    Free Member

The Anchor at Kippford, pub grub but very good pub grub and a splendid view of the bay.

white101

+1 for anchor

Mugboo

Its Scotland, they don't do good grub or good real ale, bloody tenants… 😆

MrGreedy

I was unimpressed with the Anchor at Kippford last year, great view but bad service and average food. The Laurie Arms up the road at Haugh of Urr was a million times better, a regional CAMRA pub of the year and excellent food, all locally sourced. Gutted we didn't discover it until the penultimate day of the holiday really!

If you really want to push the boat out for food there's always the Balcary Bay hotel, a cut above pub grub though (and priced accordingly).

Mason's Arms and the Selkirk Arms Hotel in Kirkcudbright, The Clonyard at Colvend was alright, they usually have some good beers on as well, The Anchor used to be spot on, but it's not as good as it used to be, Barons Craig at Rockcliffe is very good, and like MrGreedy says, if you're feeling flush go to Balcary Bay Hotel, you wouldn't be disappointed.
    I'll have to try The Laurie Arms next time I'm up there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘decent pub grub around castle douglas, kirkudbright, auchencairn’ is closed to new replies.