Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Decent Dremel alternatives before I get the real mccoy?
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

The mancave is missing a Dremel type rotary tool. Before I get the basic Dreml 3000, is there a decent cheaper alternative worth considering? Seems to be a myriad on Amazon and the like, but never sure of the quality of them – wouldn’t be used for too much heavy duty stuff.

Ta.

alanl
    Free Member

I got one from Machine Mart a few years ago, came in a box with accessories, still going strong, but it hasnt had much use really, but when it has, it does it well enough.
    https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/crt40-40pce-rotary-tool-kit

TheBrick
    Free Member

In STW fashion I will ask you a different question. Do you have a compressor of reasonable size? If so have you thought about a die grinder? Half decent pneumatic ones are not too expensive and stronger.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Cheers Drac, should always remember first rule of STW club – search STW, not Google!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

No positives, but had a negative experience with Black and decker electric one which no longer tightens, think only used it once, bought as a whim, came to use it after yrs of being in it’s box, went to fit tool and boom, useless.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Decent Dremel alternatives before I get the real mccoy?’ is closed to new replies.