Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 191 total)
  • Debate round 2
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thats the thing – Cameron is being exposed by these debates. There never was a positive surge for him anyway – just a big surge away from Brown.

Cameron is a little man of no substance or strength.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Well put, solarider, I'm in rather the same boat. Bugger indeed!

First and last names…the BBC do the same often during interviews. I think it's a way to refer to someone without being too informal (first name) or formal "Mr X"

jj55

I think Brown got it tonight, with Cleggy a close second … poor old Dave is on the bench!

solarider
    Free Member

GRRRRRR! They just did it again! In the middle of Clegg's summing up, they cut to a giant shot of the 'Sky News Leaders Debate' sign.

ALRIGHT, WE KNOW!!!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Love the post-debate interviews now….
    Labour chaps – "The Prime Minister was the bestest and he won it hands down!"
    Conservative chaps – "David Cameron was the bestest and he won it hands down!"
    LibDems chaps – "Nick Clegg was the bestest and he won it hands down!"
    SNP – "Wah, wah, wah. 's not fair. Och ay the noo, where's me deep fried chewits, mon?"

😉

solarider
    Free Member

I'm with Flash. I'll vote for whoever pledges to rebuild Hadrian's Wall!

Change the record SNP. You aren't big enough to enter the national debate, and aren't national in your policies. All 3 of the parties in the debate have UK policies, not just English. You don't. Hence you don't get to play.

However, I understand there is SKY NEWS debate for you later in the week.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

2 – 0

solarider
    Free Member

2-0 to who?

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I thought everyone agreed on the result last time?

Northwind

I thought Clegg made an absolute bollocks of the Trident question though *. I actually thought Cameron did a bit better but still a distant last. Poor bugger, everyone knows his entire leadership is just populism, bluster, noncommitment and oneupmanship, but now he's come last at that too.

(*the correct answer is- whether or not Iran has nukes isn't relevant, us having nukes won't stop that, it's not stopped them from developing them, the nuclear deterrant doesn't do the job it's supposed to so let's get rid of the whole concept, it's just obviously stupid to keep the things around. /question, next!)

solarider
    Free Member

So, 2-0 to Clegg is what you are saying? I'm not so sure this week. Cameron definitely hasn't scored anything but own goals so far, but I begrudgingly thought Brown did well tonight.

allthepies
    Free Member

callmedave wins according to yougov poll

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

according to Yougov, tis Cameron the winner 36% to Clegg, Brown last

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Well, from the perspective of someone who has no faith in the whole charade I fully agree with the majority view here:

Brown came across quite well: trying to get on with a difficult job
    Clegg, not bad: a bit idealistic and potentially naive but committed
    'Dave' came across like a lying snake who was getting sweaty because he was being repeatedly caught out.

solarider
    Free Member

HeathenWoods has just successfully ended the thread. Well summarized.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

according to Yougov, tis Cameron the winner 36%

Really? Well, Barnum must have been right then.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I think YouGov comes last in the poll of which polls are worth paying attention to.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

SNP saying Gordon lied about not authorising the leaflets – producing one from Brown's constituency, making the same claims of the SNP.

Pierre

That's a YouGov / The Sun poll – it's worth remembering who The Sun's in bed with anyway…

Is anyone else tired of Alex Salmond whining away? He gets his turn, the nationally-broadcast debates cover the three parties common to everyone.

: P

brakes
    Free Member

Gordon started off by saying he wasn't all PR bullshit, but was a man of substance and then proceeds to shoehorn in jokes, inane grins, quips and digs that are so obviously scripted and contrived you can see his sphincter twitching in shame
    Dave is just a parody.
    I like Nick, but I'm not sure he's got the minerals

oxnop
    Free Member

shock – you'murdoch'gov poll states cameron wins!

solarider
    Free Member

Oh, hold on, now there's a chap from the BNP on the BBC claiming that in 30 years, Britain will be an Islamic Republic. For pure entertainment value alone, they should replace Cameron with him on the panel next time. Maybe Nigel Farrah instead of Clegg and Screaming Lord Such instead of Brown. Yes, I know that Screaming Lord Such is dead, but would anybody notice the difference between him and Brown?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

ON the SNP – you have to remeber they are the biggest party north of the border and systematically are denied airtime and have been for decades – hence the whinge.

It really does look different from here. They have 30+ % of the scottish vote but far less than that of the scottish airtime

jj55

i think its grossly unfair that the raving looney monster party has not been given airtime……. (or perhaps they were 😉 )

ChrisL

All 3 seemed to be going for each other way more this time. It was quite fun. 🙂

There was a bit when Gordon Brown was answering the question about voter apathy where he managed to impress me with how forcefully and effectively he encouraged people to get out and vote. Other than that I don't think that any of the leaders did much to dramatically change my opinions of them. Nick Clegg defended his party's pro-European attitude reasonably well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

they are the biggest party north of the border

It's a national election, TJ, not for some jumped up load of local councillors "north of the border"! 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its actually supranational as it encompasses 4 nations.

Just trying to get you littleminded people to understand why the continual whinge from the SNP – its because the London based parties deliberately squeeze out the sirtime the SNP can get. This has been going on for decades and is really rather tiresome to see.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No, TJ, it does not. This is an election for the Parliament and Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

trail_rat
    Free Member

seriously – wtf is you gov all about – of all the people in that room call me dave was the biggest joke …..

i think brown did well – and im far from his biggest fan – but it would be a case of out of the pan into the fire with the other too…..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So your beloved Wales is not a nation? The 6 nations will have to be renamed?

Get real

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Get real

Using the Beloved Leader's Phrase of Choice, I see.

Wales is a part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. So is Scotland. So is Yorkshire. So what?

allthepies
    Free Member

So – SNP, UKIP, BNP, Plaid Cymru….

"you're going to need a bigger stage….."

anokdale
    Free Member

Not one of them inspires me to go out and vote for them to be fair, Cameron has got two hopes of getting the keys to No10 now.

Brown looks knackered, Clegg is too rehearsed and Dave looks lost.

brakes
    Free Member

So is Yorkshire.

now you're talking, I'd vote for the YNP

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bakes, we all know it would be called the HYEP.

(Holy Yorkshire Empire Party. 😉 )

I loves a bit of Yorkshire, me. Lived there for a while, wonderful county, wonderful people! Apart from Doncaster. Which is flat. And dull. But still has wonderful people! Mostly.

westkipper
    Free Member

Maybe if the SNP were able to impose their policies on England (the same way the tories did to us) you English would be better off and whinge less?*
    *probably not 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I thought Wales was a Principality, not a Nation?

2 Kingdoms, 1 Principality & 1 Province IIRC….

porterclough
    Free Member

But if Yorkshire gets independence, would the capital be Sheffield or L**ds? There could be civil war…

anokdale
    Free Member

Leeds is the centre of the Universe, everyone knows that 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

What about the (quasi) Independent Islamic State of Bradford???? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 191 total)

The topic ‘Debate round 2’ is closed to new replies.