Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Death Row Dogs On BBC1
  • grantway
    Free Member

Bloody hell bad enough with the Dogs But take a look at the
    inside of those homes Bloody Dumps Death Row Dogs BBC1 IPlayer

hora
    Free Member

Staffs can be lovely dogs. Same with similar. Its the owners and how they are disciplined and trained that makes the difference 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

Staffs can be are lovely dogs

🙄
    Take a bit of time to get to know them. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Molly decided she would chase an American Bulldog around the park yesterday morning. 😆 They were loving it. He still scares the shit out of me though. Enormously powerful dog if he was in the wrong hands.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I felt sorry for the dogs. They seem to be putting the wrong species down.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

+1 for sharkbait

cb

Seeing the behaviour of some of those dogs altered my perspective a little on ‘fighting’ breeds, I didn’t realise any of them could be ‘cuddly’!!

Still don’t really get it though – there are plenty of other ‘cuddly’ breeds, why such interest in something that could kill if it’s having a ‘bad moment’ (as Italian football managers like to say). The guilt that the scouse family has to live with was entirely avoidable.

As for the humans on show….

richc
    Free Member

Staffs can be lovely dogs. Same with similar. Its the owners and how they are disciplined and trained that makes the difference

Anyone else find this amusing coming from the person who gave up their dog as they couldn’t be arsed to exercise it anymore …..

Torminalis
    Free Member

+1 for sharkbait

failedengineer

Why all this sentimentality about some dog breeds? Surely there’s too many breeds and too many dogs in general in this country. So what if we lose a few breeds? Why oh why does no-one ever grasp the nettle and control the numbers and types of dogs. Just ban breeding of certain breeds. Bring in a strict licensing system. Now!
    – I’m in hiding for the next few weeks ……

Torminalis
    Free Member

Just ban breeding of certain breeds

They’re already banned, the problem is with enforcement.

failedengineer

Yes, but every time one of these things is about to be put down there’s an outcry. Why? Send ’em to Korea.

donsimon
    Free Member

Seeing the behaviour of some of those dogs altered my perspective a little on ‘fighting’ breeds, I didn’t realise any of them could be ‘cuddly’!!

If we’re talking about Staffies, it’s probably one of the best breeds to have around children. They crave acceptance and will do whatever it takes to please their owner. I wouldn’t have any problem getting close to any Chav owned Staffy, common sense prevailing.
    If we’re talking about fighting or truly dangerous dogs, then these need proper control and to live in the correct environment.
    A Staffy eating nuts. 😀

kala 005 por kala y simon, en Flickr

skywalker
    Free Member

I think them showing one being put down was a bit excessive, no need for that at all really.

“Death Row Dogs highlighted the very difficult job the police do in implementing a law that punishes good dogs. The sad sight of a lovely tempered Pit Bull being put to sleep wagging its tail will haunt all dog lovers for ever”

Your telling me!

It looked more like a staffie than a Pitbull to me.

cb

Don Simon

A question for an actual owner – curiosity led rather than antagonistic…

If your Staffy did have a hissy fit, would you be able to stop him / her if it decided to attack another dog / kid etc? The rhetoric would suggest nothing can be done apart from shooting them – what’s the reality?

Grizla
    Free Member

cb

Staffie x lab owner here.

I’m pretty sure I’d be able to pull her off and restrain her.
    I guess the issue is that a child would not be able to.

Having said that, I’d be willing to put my life on the fact that my dog would never harm a child.

donsimon
    Free Member

If your Staffy did have a hissy fit, would you be able to stop him / her if it decided to attack another dog / kid etc? The rhetoric would suggest nothing can be done apart from shooting them – what’s the reality?

This is the crux of the argument, isn’t it? But also what would put her in a hissy fit too?
    The simple answer is that as far as I could control her it wouldn’t be an issue. She was always on a lead where I knew there were going to be people or other dogs. If she was on a lead and another dog provoked, I would then have had to make the decision as to whether the lead was restricting her abiliity to defend herself.
    If she was off the lead and I saw either another dog or people, she would go straight back on it.
    I can only recall 4 situations over a four year period where there were problems, 3 of those provoked by others and the fourth was only a rabbit. I none of the situations did I lose control of my dog, she was on a lead and yes, I could pull her off.
    On the other side, we were out for a walk and a little boy, 3 or 4 yrs, came over to give her some crisp. She took them in such a gentle manner, so unlike our old collies that would have snapped the hand that fed.
    The secret is not letting them be out of control in the first place.

EDIT: She was 34kg and a good portion of that was muscle, strong she was, I’m only 67kg. 😕

curiosity led rather than antagonistic…

Ask a sensible question… 😀

MSP

A staffy eating a baby!

richc
    Free Member

more likely your staffie waiting patiently for the nappy ‘lunch’ to be prepared 😕

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Death Row Dogs On BBC1’ is closed to new replies.