Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Garmin Edge 200
  • ross88guy
    Free Member

Is anyone using a Garmin Edge 200 at the moment? I have been riding with one for a few weeks now and I cant but help thinking that I should have gone for either the Edge 800 or something similar that allows heart rate recording and cycle sensor compatibility. What is everyone else using in terms of cycle computer kit?

……..
    Cycle Blog – Garmin Edge 200

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Sell it to me

warton
    Free Member

I considered the 200, but have decided on the 500 bundle. I just thought the 200 is an expensive, but very conmprehensive bike computer.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Anyone used on of these in the woods? I wonder how the GPS signal is when using it off road.

They all seem to be a bit more road orientated.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Is there any navigation features at all?

neil853
    Free Member

I’ve actually gone the other way in that I used to have an old 300 but found it way to complicated. I got the 200 as I just wanted the features I was using but without the stupidly low battery life. I’m very pleased with mine I have to say.

neil853
    Free Member

No as far as I’m aware there is no navigation features

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Have you found any signal issues.

I really fancy the 200 but am wanting to use it both road and off road just get an extra bike mount and a quick swap.

I really like the simplicity of the 200, looks like the perfect computer to me assuming it works as it says on the tin!!

neil853
    Free Member

I was the same, I just swap it over between my mtb and my cx bike, stores rides and then I download them, I only keep 2-3 rides on there at any one time so can’t comment on any more. Haven’t had an signal issues so far. To me it’s the perfect computer.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

It looks like i will be getting one next month. Got to get christmas out the way first 🙂

GJP
    Free Member

I recently switched from a 300 to the new 200 and I regret it. I never used any of the navigation features or the HR function on the 300, but at least it could tell me the fookin time.

The Garmin 200 is too basic for my very simple needs I wish I had bought the 500.

How much do you reckon I could sell it for? 😆

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Oh i would say about £70

pete68
    Free Member

Used mine for the first time today.Worked vey well, but is there no way of having the current time displayed when in Ride mode? If not thats crap.Whats the point of having the time on the menu page but not when you’re riding. Is this the same on the 500 does anyone know, because i’ll be changing if this is the case.

pete68
    Free Member

Bump for the Sunday morning crowd.

Teifiterror
    Free Member

You can change the display on the 500 to show whatever information you want and one of the options is the current time.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

pete i’ll take the 200 off you.

cnud
    Free Member

No current time in ride mode but going back to the main page will show you the current time and the timer

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 200’ is closed to new replies.