Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • david haye vs nikolai valuev
  • tails
    Free Member

just seen this on the news, how is haye even going to hit him? It's the STW equivalent of Barnes vs Ton.

allthegear
    Free Member

Is it just me that flicked my eyes down the page and read "Dave Hinds vs. Nicolai views" for the title???

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone want to split the ppv cost by buying a DVD off me afterwards?

woody2000

The only guy to have beaten Valuev was 2 inches shorter than Hayes. I suspect the big guy doesn't move so fast, and hayes will just do a lot of body work to tire him out. There's no way a guy that size could do 12 rounds, Hayes will just bide his time. I predict a win for "our guy" 🙂

duckman

Woody;

There's no way a guy that size could do 12 rounds, Hayes will just bide his time.

The guy who beat him DID do 12 rounds…against Valuev.Since then Valuev has lost 3 stone in order to move quicker. I want him to shut Haye's overrated gob.

AndyP
    Free Member

I hope Valuev just pulls Hayes' head off and feasts on his still-throbbing brains.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

What time is it starting on saturday night? Im backing haye for the win.

woody2000

Fair enough duckman, let's see what happens! 🙂

I'd quite like to watch it actually, but I don't think I'll get chance. Love a bit a'boxin me!

tails
    Free Member

I'd quite like to watch it actually, but I don't think I'll get chance. Love a bit a'boxin me!

save your money the big fight is just over a week away cotto vs pacman. Is the winner to square up against mayweather?

DezB
    Free Member

I think it all starts at 8pm.

@tails – Obviously Pacquiao v Cotto will be a better fight, but you got to admit Haye-Valuev is intriguing!

jon1973
    Free Member

Assuming this is a pay-per-view Sky Box office event? Where is it being held?

mooman
    Free Member

A very old Evander Holyfield got robbed of the decision against Valuev .. so it may not as big a task as it looks..

But Haye is chinny and has stamina problems. Valuev only has to work Haye hard for the 1st 6rnds and even his plodding punches will then get Haye out of there.

haye has done nothing at heavyweight ..and not much really at cruiser before that.

DezB
    Free Member

Assuming this is a pay-per-view Sky Box office event? Where is it being held?

Yep. Germany I think.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Barnes vs Ton.

Where are the tickets available from ?

snakebite
    Free Member

I reckon Holyfield outscored him, poor decision I reckon. Haye is a beefed up cruiserweight, he may get lucky and he certainly has a big chin target to aim at…..but the russian has never been put down IIRC.
    I've booked it, should be a spectacle if nothing else….shame butterbean aint on the undercard….

amosridl
    Free Member

Haye will have a tough time but he's good enough to beat him.

I like my boxers to be gobsh*tes.

tails
    Free Member

Where are the tickets available from ?

well seeing as you ask, please send cash to lee anderson and co, po box . . . 😈

ton

oy, i am a lover not a fighter…………… 😉

he is a big mofo that valuev, but i fancy haye on points..

tails
    Free Member

he is a big mofo that valuev, but i fancy haye on points..

lot of folks in hayes corner, can't say i've followed heavyweight since lewis, but never has the term sledgehammer fists been more appropriate than this valuev chap. He should start doing mma he'd make a fortune.

duckman

If the fight goes more than four rounds…Valuev.He is just too big, he will just lean on Haye and make him support his weight, clinch at every opp.Haye can punch though, and if he can put the Russian down early I think he would beat him, but I really hope not.As stated earlier, interesting side show till the boxing starts again next week.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

The Brit is going to get a spanking.

jamesca
    Free Member

i'd like to see a flight between Bob Sapp (K1 fighter) and Valuev, probably need thicker canvas.

but back on subject i think haye will lose, hope i am wrong

tails
    Free Member

Well ton if you and barnes ever to have scuffle you better watch out! Fair play to the haye, still really looking forward to cotto/pac

munkster
    Free Member

"If you hit me, it's murder!!"

ton

told you so…………… 8)

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Any links to online footage of the fight. I've got to see how big Valuev is in comparison to normal people, ref etc.

mboy
    Free Member

've got to see how big Valuev is in comparison to normal people, ref etc

What? He's 7ft tall and 23 stone! Use your imagination!

Very good tactics by Haye in the end, I feared he may be standing back a bit too much for the judges, but in the end it was perfectly calculated. A shame that he didn't get a bit more stuck in a bit earlier though, cos Valuev was knackered by round 12, as Haye proved by very nearly knocking him down, but too little too late sadly. Would've been amazing to see him knock him down, as it was though, a very well fought fight by Haye who proved that speed and accuracy is pretty much everything in boxing!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Big and slow; in the end not a difficult opponent to beat on points but a knock out was always going to be very optimistic.

woody2000

<Waves at duckman> Told you 😀

duckman

Waves something very different back and says [list]THATS[/list] a woody!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘david haye vs nikolai valuev’ is closed to new replies.