• This topic has 39 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by br.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Dave Cameron – has he no shame?
  • ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I see Dave has entered the debate over Nicola Sturgeon – does he really think anyone in Scotland gives a sh8t what he thinks?

Sooner we get on with the independence referendum the better.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Of course he has no shame, hes a politician! 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I always thought Sturgeon had a bit of brain but I find this rather hard to see why she wrote that letter. seems bizarre

I don't think Cameron has any idea just how marginal he is in Scotland

igm

No, he has no shame

westkipper
    Free Member

A workmate of mine's father (also with the same name) put it best when he said "There's NAE chance that c**ts really a Cameron!" 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

TJ – your darling SNP wouldnt have got it's budget through without the help of those despicable tories you know! 😉

mybike
    Free Member

😕

westkipper
    Free Member

The despicible Scottish tories (and lets be honest, they are) have come round a bit over the idea of devolution, largely cos they'd have no influence in Scotland at all without it.
    There may even be some, privately (not unlike Labour) who may find their fortunes improve with independence

druidh
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    I always thought Sturgeon had a bit of brain but I find this rather hard to see why she wrote that letter. seems bizarre

Have you read the letter TJ?

Waderider
    Free Member

'Democracy' and capitalism has failed. But what is the alternative?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Annbel Goldie is not marginal – she understands how to get things done in Holyrood and I have a fair amount of respect for her. She has embraced consensus politics and has made Scottish Labour look childish and petty. She is an honest Tory – unlike "callmedave" the spineless woffler.

Cameron clearly has no idea about Scotland and scottish politics as can be seen from numerous stupid things he says such as the repeal of the human rights act – over which he will never have any power in Scotland and is not the sort of Tory to do any good in Scotland. Not tweedy enough. A good scottish tory should wear tweed

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No Druidh – good call – I should read the whole thing. She must have realised it would be a political storm which is why I find it strange

*googles*

westkipper
    Free Member

A really good Scottish tory should wear a granite headstone.
    OK, I admit I went a bit too far there. 😳

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hmm – found the full text and I still think it was a great political misjudgement to write it.

druidh
    Free Member

The story here is not that she provided a "character reference" for an accused constituent, but that the meeja should decide to pick up on this particular case when it is something which happens frequently. Indeed, one G. Brown Esq. of Fife and London has done exactly the same thing previously.

Flaperon

mybike – virtually every Cameron ("Call me Dave") billboard I've seen has been defaced in some humorous way. I'm quite looking forward to seeing new ones.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

druidh – good point. I think Gordy B's letter was on behalf of a constituent caught growing cannabis. £10 grand worth of it! 😯

However, I wonder whether the situation is slightly different in Nicola Sturgeon's case as the guy she wrote the letter on behalf has served a jail sentence for a similar offence. And did she check whether he does actually have health problems? If he's a fraudster he may be pretty good at bullshitting. And why did he not ask his local MP for the reference? Why did he have to go to his MSP?

Tim
    Free Member

that Cameron billboard is so sad…because its so very true 🙁

binners

Cameron is the ultimate opportunist. There really is no populist bandwagon he won't jump on. He makes Blair look like a dedicated man of principle. And that takes some bloody doing!!!

Its all come unstuck now though, isn't it? Now that his ridiculously contradictory policies (I use the word loosely) are FINALLY being exposed to a bit of scrutiny.

chakaping
    Free Member

Of course he has no shame, hes a politician!

And he used to be a PR man, don't forget that.

PhilO
    Free Member

mybike – virtually every Cameron ("Call me Dave") billboard I've seen has been defaced in some humorous way. I'm quite looking forward to seeing new ones.

Here you go: http://mydavidcameron.com/

😆

andywarner
    Free Member
    andywarner
    Free Member

Is anybody going to defend the incredibly insipid and insincere idiot? He has the majority of the vote at the moment according to most polls. Does anyone on here like him? Or are all mtbers people with a political conscience?

gonefishin
    Free Member

Well the way that he and other members of his cabinet have been mangling and miss using statistics recently, I think he deserves criticism.

ddmonkey

He is no worse or better than Brown, equally cynical and hypocritical as politicians tend to be.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Cameron is the ultimate opportunist. There really is no populist bandwagon he won't jump on. He makes Blair look like a dedicated man of principle. And that takes some bloody doing!!!

The SNP voted to make university education in Scotland free for Scottish students.

The SNP voted to make university education in England free cripplingly expensive for English students.

Don't you just love a party with principles.

clubber
    Free Member

How many people who have said that they'll vote for him really do like him though? Like many elections, this is really about who you don't want in power.

I have to say that things have reached the point with Labour that I do actually think I'd prefer (please note "prefer", not "want" before the brainless start calling me a Tory) CallMeDave's buddys to be in for the simple reason that I think our two party system needs change of government to keep things 'healthy' (actually I really mean "less awful") and I reckon a very narrow majority for the Tories would do that. I think that the worst thing that could happen is for Gordon Brown to stay in power.

A major change to the Labour party leadership might just swing my mind on this (though I can't really name any of them who I think I'd trust) but none of them want to take power when they're pretty sure they'll lose so that's not likely to happen.

dyna-ti

'Democracy' and capitalism has failed. But what is the alternative?

Islam 😉

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

🙁

that Cameron billboard is so sad…because its so very true

Hmm, and Uncle Gordy hasn't?

I don't think I would go so far as to call myself a callmedave apologist but I would far rather him than the current incumbant who has already done more than enough to screw this country over.

No more boom and bust eh? Mr prudent eh? Bellend. 😉

westkipper
    Free Member

One of the things you lot who claim to want the UK to stay together should think about is this; at the moment the impetus and enthusiasm for Scottish independence isn't yet as strong as the SNP hope.
    Unlike the Irish, us Scots have always had a pathetic,"how would we survive without England" wretchedness about us and I think that's still just about dominant.
    After five years of a Tory government though, especially one that targets the public sector like Dave and his old school chums, I suspect that'll change.
    Personally, for that reason, I'm not as bothered about the prospect of England electing their 'natural party of government' back in as I should be.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

The SNP voted to make university education in Scotland free for Scottish students.

The SNP voted to make university education in England free cripplingly expensive for English students.

Are you sure on that? SNP policy is not to vote at westminster on purely English matters and they normally don't.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Are you sure on that? SNP policy is not to vote at westminster on purely English matters and they normally don't.

yep, that policy came about (IMO/I'd like to think) after a lot of very angy english students got very pissed off over that issue. As far as I can see (I'm probably a bit bitter and shortsighted) they only did it to make sure there was enough moeney left in the coffers to pay for scottish students.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The policy has been in place since holyrood was set up. Are you sure you are not mixing it up with the fact that English students have to pay at Scottish unis?

westkipper
    Free Member

Since when did anyone, political party or anybody at all change their tack due to a bunch of f****** students 🙂
    Seems a bit far fetched!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

They voted against top up fees

http://westminster.snp.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1830&Itemid=38

I can't find anything else apart from a reiteration that they don't vote in westminster on matters that only affect england

ahwiles
    Free Member

TJ – the tuition fees thing is one of many reason why i'd love to see an english parliament, and why i could never tire of punching tony blair.

the git.

(from the Grauniad: An estimated 56 Labour MPs rebelled and ministers were again saved by the 43 Scottish Labour MPs who stayed loyal on a bill that will not affect their own voters

i'm sorry, i hate the Gruaniad, it makes my skin creep)

westkipper
    Free Member

Yeah, for all the resentment against the Scots with their 'special' Scottish parliament, the fact is that you English were s'posed to go for it too. with democracy benefiting from de-centralisation. Is it our fault that you lot seem to quite like your 'big stick' Westminister set-up?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Scottish labour not SNP

Tim
    Free Member

Bikingcatastrophe – Member

that Cameron billboard is so sad…because its so very true

Hmm, and Uncle Gordy hasn't?

I don't think I would go so far as to call myself a callmedave apologist but I would far rather him than the current incumbant who has already done more than enough to screw this country over.

Not defending the labout party at all (they are not a Labour government after all), but having a load of elitist, out and out capitalists in charge is not going to improve things! 🙂

br
    Free Member

I was approached in Galashiels last summer by a chap out doing a poll about the Scots going alone.

Fantastic idea says I, save us English a bloody fortune!

Bye.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Dave Cameron – has he no shame?’ is closed to new replies.