Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Date sites
  • hypan
    Free Member

Is there a date site for mtb people as I’ve seen 1 or 2 sites but seem to be more for the other sports.
    as i think it would be nice to meet women into the same stuff.

flip
    Free Member

Why? she’d want to tag along, i met my wife through Dating Direct and love her dearly, but wouldn’t want her into the same stuff as me.

You gotta have time to yourself 😉

And imagine she may out shine you on the trails…

j_me
    Free Member

I think the done thing is to post a wanted add in the classifieds.

Kit
    Free Member

Reminds me of this: (poss NSFW if they’re particularly sensitive…)

http://www.framleyexaminer.com/pages/pers003

cinnamon_girl

tannoy

[TheSouthernYeti to the Forum please]

aleigh
    Free Member

i think they’re all a load of rubbish!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ok, tea is in the oven. So I’ve got a bit of time to tell you my thoughts…

In short, No. Well not that I’ve found. Your better bet is to get out there and try and meet women actually doing the sport. Get invloved in the cycling community, local club, go to races etc.

However the bigger the site the more variety there is on there. I’ve just found an intriguing lady who lists mountain biking as a hobby. The question is… do I ask her if she singletrackworlds?

rOcKeTdOg

http://www.fitness-singles.com

i’ve no experience of the site though

allthegear
    Free Member

I have a friend who met someone on Fitness Singles. I know he’s a bit obsessed but first date was circuit training…

Rachel

xherbivorex
    Free Member

fitness singles was (is) pretty rubbish if you’re a bloke, tbh.
    or maybe that was my fault?

anyway, i pretty much gave up on trying to find women who are “into” mountain biking, and eventually met my GF through match.com instead. she rides motorbikes instead (worked in a bike shop for years, has an NC30, is fantastic!) but is not averse to coming out on the occasional MTB ride with me.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The issues with Fitness Singles are… limited number of members, vanity, level of obsession. You might think you love cycling, but only until you meet a woman who is far, far, far more obsessed than you are.

cinnamon_girl

i think they’re all a load of rubbish!

+ 1.

Dating sites are a license to print money and there should be some sort of accountability/feedback system.

In the cold light of day, how can one describe oneself and the type of person one is seeking in words that do not necessarily flow in flowery prose? It’s a contrived situation that is preying on people who are perhaps at their lowest ebb.

I reckon that the STW Singletons Social Networking Ride that was held earlier in the year at Swinley Forest was a much better idea. Despite all the pi**taking on here, plenty of folk turned up and, indeed, there have been requests for another one!

aleigh
    Free Member

I met a bloke on fitness singles and he was nice but not my cup of tea – I met someone on some other site but that didn’t pan out because he was an idiot.

The best way is to meet people is in the flesh, do not waste your money!

@TSY, it would be rude not to ask her…..!

singletrackmind

**WAVES**
    Hi Ali, how have you been? Not seen you for ages . Still lurking and not posting , or not even lurking anymore?

aleigh
    Free Member

*waves back*

I lurk more these days I’m afraid – I don’t have much to say…yes I know it’s a shock!

How have you been?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member

Dating sites are a license to print money and there should be some sort of accountability/feedback system.

In the cold light of day, how can one describe oneself and the type of person one is seeking in words that do not necessarily flow in flowery prose? It’s a contrived situation that is preying on people who are perhaps at their lowest ebb.

whilst i agree with this entirely, i’d never have met my gf without their existence and for that i’ll be forever grateful to them. having said that, i was in the final week of my year’s paid membership and had no intention of renewing it when i emailed her for the first time! the rest of the year had been pretty terrible.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

it would be rude not to ask her…..!

Can anyone tell me what SingleTracking could be a euphemism for?

singletrackmind

Hi Ali, good thanks. Still employed and doing a job i like , and suits me. You coming to Swinley then? , better get an bank loan if you are going to be in the coffee shop for any time.
    rob

schmiken

I met my missus on OKCupid. It takes quite a while and there’s a lot of weird people on there, but stick with it! It’s not uncommon these days….

aleigh
    Free Member

i’ll be popping along to say hi…..the girls will be fed and watered before we go and i will have coffee (and cake/s) whilst you lot are out getting cold!

djglover
    Free Member

I met my wife in real life.
    😀

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Date sites’ is closed to new replies.