Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Damn this PayPal thing
  • ChrisL

So after all the hoo-hah about CRC and card security I thought I’d have another go setting up my PayPal account for use with Internet shopping and the like.

I have never really gotten on with PayPal. I get the impression from others I should be able to use it as a single point where my bank card details are stored and when buying stuff online I should just be able to point the retailer to my PayPal account and it’ll charge my card accordingly. So I’ve added details for a debit card and a credit card to my PayPal account.

However what happens when I attempt to pay for something via PayPal is that I get only two options – PayPal balance (default) or eCheque. PayPayl’s help says that paying using the PayPal balance is the default option but it can be overridden. However I’ve never been able to get an option to pay using a card I’ve added.

Does anyone know what is likely to be the issue?

ChrisL

Hang on, I just noticed a “link this card” option, that looks like it has something to do with it all.

PePPeR

You need to use the link card option, I use my debit card, it then takes the money directly out of my current account.

ChrisL

PayPal hardly seemed to be emphasising that this was a necessary step in the process, I only noticed the option when I went back to the page listing cards as I was considering removing them again rather than have them lying around useless.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Damn this PayPal thing’ is closed to new replies.