Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dalby Forest
  • lockrobnkel
    Free Member

Good evening all,

I’m thinking of heading up to Dalby next weekend, never been before spend most of my time over Surrey Hills; so i’m after some advice on what it’s like compared to surrey hills or is it like chalk and cheese 🙄

cheers guys

downshift

I went for the first time a couple of months ago and absolutely loved it. Lots of variety, with some rocky sections, some sandy, quite a lot of swoopy through the trees stuff which was not unlike Swinley but with a fair bit more elevation change. Given the dedicatedly individualistic nature of folks on here I’m sure that by the end of the evening you’ll have all sorts of opinions; got to be worth a look I’d say, but I’m sure someone else wouldn’t.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Was up there today with some beginners, they really enjoyed it. They had sat in a van for two and a half hours to get there and thought it worthwhile-i did too 😉

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Was up there today with some beginners, they really enjoyed it. They had sat in a van for two and a half hours to get there and thought it worthwhile-i did too 😉

jonb
    Free Member

I don’t rate it but I couldn’t really suggest anywhere else. Thought it was a bit dull. It’s 2hr south of me and I normally head north to the 7 stanes.

If it’s new though it’ll be good. Check the weather I’ve been there in the snow and ice and it was largely unrideable.

Mugboo

For a trail centre it always feels long to me.

Because some areas lack elevation changes i can’t help pedalling faster and faster. Keeping this up for 24 miles inc a play at Dixons Holllow and the Skinnies (if they are dry) leaves me knackered.

Having said that, the last time i went i really enjoyed it, finished with a big grin on my face.

As to wether its like the Surrey Hills, i’ve no idea, its dawn sarf so i’haven’t been!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dalby Forest’ is closed to new replies.