Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dalby Forest
  • jackberesford
    Free Member

Planning a couple of days riding at Dalby Forest, not sure what there is there?
    Is there enough riding for a 2-3 day stay? What type of riding is there and is it sign posted on the trails?
    Advice appreciated 🙂

tinribz
    Free Member

Only been once and would say there is plenty more than one days worth. Is a decent trail center, well signposted some good man made bits, bit expensive.

jackberesford
    Free Member

so you have to pay to go in? or as in expensive parking?

Dave40
    Free Member

Two days should cover it all . where are you planning on staying.

Its £7.00 to park per day

Onzadog
    Free Member

What have I missed? You can normally do the red and black in one day. What else is there?

jim
    Free Member

Its £7.00 to park per day

It's £7 to use forest drive, even if you happen to be just passing through, parking is free.

If you're there for more than a day I'd suggest taking a look at an OS map and getting out and about a bit, there's some fine natural singletrack on the moors.

didmatt
    Free Member

aye, you can just park at the car park at the Hole of Horcum (on the A169, pickering to Whitby rd) and head down the bridleway picking up the red/black route at Cross Cliffs if you wanna get out of paying for the toll.

As for routes on the moors itseld, as Jim says above, theres pently of fine singletrack to be had. My fav bits are around places like Cockayne, Chop Gate, Glaisdale.

MtbCol
    Free Member

Alternatively, you could park up in Thornton Dale and ride in through Ellerburn on the flat to the visitors centre and ride the whole red from start to finish with a nice relaxing ease down ride back to Thornton Dale.

I back up the view of riding the moors as well as Dalby, there's plenty of fun riding to be had out there!

jackberesford
    Free Member

so sounds like id be hard pushed to find 3 days of riding on the marked trails? I'm planning on staying in bridlington. what types of riding is there? ive heard theres north shore/4X etc?

Unosprocket
    Free Member

The manmade stuff in Dalby really is just the tip of the iceberg,the red and black routes are good but don't be affraid to do a bit of exploring!

didmatt
    Free Member

Jackberesford – I live in Bridlington 😉 unless you like stupidly wide farm tracks theres nothing around here really. The best local riding for me is really outside of scarborough, or east of Hull. The Yorkshire wolds aren't really steep enough for any kind of decent riding, not to mention its all fields around here.

You can be on the NY moors in about an hour, dalby in 40mins.

Pippalarge
    Free Member

Loads of great riding on North Yorks moors – post something on mtbguisborough.ning.com if you want some local advice

simonralli2
    Free Member

Onzadog – the red and the black are relatively new. Dalby still very much has the old red route, but the problem was that it was a total dog when wet and just no fun at all.

There were many parts of the old red I used to love, ridge bits, downhills, slaloms etc. Quite old school. Not too sure how you would explain it to someone who hasn't been, and for me it is much more a dry summer ride, but then maybe that is just me. Tons and tons of off-piste trails in Dalby, not just the official red – black.

However, for someone going there this time of year, I would recommend one day at Dalby, then year, look at doing some other natural routes outside of the forest.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dalby Forest’ is closed to new replies.