Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dalby Blue route
  • ads678

Basically is Dalby blue route really lame and boring, or can it be fun?

I’m going tomorrow with some complete mtb novices. These are all grown men with decent levels of fitness. It’s been a few years since i was at Dalby so can’t remember what the red route is like. Can i risk them on the red or will they all die, leaving me to explain to their kids why daddy isn’t coming home?

uplink
    Free Member

The blue is pretty much fire road

The red will be fine, if a bit long for newbies, they may have to get off and push in places if it’s totally new to them
    IMO you’d be better off heading past the GoApe place pick up the blue and follow that until you come across the red, then take that

Sneverdale Blue start, then pick up the red at Givendale head farm

http://www.complite.com/mtb/maps/dalby/Dalby3.jpg

ads678

Yeah i was thinking of trying to link sections of blue and red up. I want to head to the bike park for a blast aswell so i’ll have to see.

I don’t remember the red being too technical, just long.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Take the red to Dixons Hollow ( bike park ) then take a short cut up the Forest Drive ( go up to the right with your back to the bike park ), keep straight on when the tarmac turns sharp left and pick up the red route at the next junction, turning right here heads homewards, takes about a third of the full distance off

ads678

That sounds like the route I was hoping to take, cheers for confirming that for me.

A few off’s won’t hurt them any way. well, it might but it’ll be good for them!!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Means you have to do the last in/outs of the valleys though which for a newbie might be knackering. Better would be red to Dixons Hollow and then right where the road goes left down to the T junction. Then I think its left, first right and into the old quarry. Through to the far side of the quarry and you then pick up that really long downhill singletrack bit. By then you’re not far from the end with none of sloggy/rocky/flat sections…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dalby Blue route’ is closed to new replies.