Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Show me your Midge Bar setups
  • Kahurangi

I’m having a little trouble getting my Midge Bars set up so I’m completely happy with them, (with Versa levers), so a little comparison would do me some good.

Show us how you have yours set up!

OCB
    Free Member

Hmm, ’tis almost impossible to see in each of these shots, but here’s how I do mine. Where I use gears, I use bar-end shifters tho’, not ‘STI’ … which I suspect, might be harder to get feeling quite right (but I don’t think they feel ‘quite right’ on conventional drops either …)

Kahurangi

No, that’s helpful. Thanks.

The middle photo looks less flared and the bottom more flared than On-One Midge bars – is it just the angle of the photo or are they different?

epicyclo

OCB
    Free Member

Jon Taylor
    The middle photo looks less flared and the bottom more flared than On-One Midge bars – is it just the angle of the photo or are they different?

It’s an angle thing – they are the same bars.

The Condor is set-up a little bit differently to the Singulars. The bars are rotated err … ‘backwards’ a bit more on the stem, which has the effect of swinging the flare of the drops out and forward a bit – the Ultegra brake levers on the Condor are smaller, so the different angle puts the hoods in the same kinda place as the bigger hoods of the SIngular’s Cane Creek Drop-V levers.

I’ll try to get a decent shot of them at the same angle, those pictures up there ^ are all over the place. 😕

thekingofsweden

theboatman
    Free Member

They were like this, but they weren’t for me…

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

King of Sweeden, what bike is that?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ir_bandito/4619322610/]DSC_0884[/url] by ir_bandito, on Flickr

you want to pop in this evening for a look Jon?

with midgee’s

[/url]lefty swift sepia by matt hampshire, on Flickr[/img]

better off with salsa woodchippers as the have longer extensions on the drops

[/url]swift with woodchippers by matt hampshire, on Flickr[/img]

Sam

This is an old one but the best side on shot I could find.

UrbanHiker – Member
    King of Sweeden, what bike is that?

It’s a Singular Gryphon.

lefty swift sepia by matt hampshire

please note this is definitely not an approved build and is in direct contravention of clause 3 paragraph 1 of the Singular Owners Agreement “Aesthetic requirements” 😉

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Ah, thanks Sam. Save me reading it all, is it the Gryphon that wont take suspension?

Rik
    Free Member

Midges are great esp with campag ergo due to the hidden cables

Gryphon – rigid only

I have one for sale over on the classifieds if your interested urbanhiker

Rik
    Free Member

Plus it’s designed for drop bars too – shorter top tube

Kahurangi

you want to pop in this evening for a look

Should have checked this thread from work as I would have done.

From the majority of the pics, I have the bars bent further down than most. They look like Sam’s Gryphon more than Mr. Bandito’s Peregrine.

I know what I need to do, but I’ve already shuffled the levers as much as I can without re-doing the bar tape and the washing up needs doing. Argh!

Cheers All.

Nipper99
    Free Member

@ Rik – sent you an email re your frame.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Midge Bar setups’ is closed to new replies.