Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • dalbettie?
  • dancingfool
    Free Member

whats the comditions down there right now, gonna be heading down tomorrow will it be a worth while journey? also how hard is “the slab” run at it and go or have a wee peek first? cheers

ashfanman
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the current conditions, but there’s nothing too hard about the slab. It looks quite daunting from the top at first – it’s bigger than it looks in the photos – but just get over the back, try not to lock your back wheel and you’ll be fine. If anything, the shorter qualifier just before it is more difficult.

It’s an amazing trail though (one of my favourite trail centres). Enjoy it!

Trekster

Bluddy freezin atm, -2 @ 6pm. No snow but ground is frozen so will be hard and may be bits of ice around. Last time I was there before Xmas watched a guy fall half way down the slab. Looked like he started too much to the left, caught front wheel in one of the many rits/fizures and was ejected over the bars. Rolled it out and was OK but for bruises. Luck was with him on that occasion ❗ Best to look before you ride. Have never done it myself, prefer red section. Before going down slab have a look at the other black section to the left, it has also claimed a few broken bones 😥
    Doing Ae myself tomorrow, 10 at cafe.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘dalbettie?’ is closed to new replies.