Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Daily Cotic thread.
  • banks
    Free Member

Bfe and Soul sizing please.

I’m 185cm so puts me on a large but played with a few mediums which felt great yet same with the large.

So just wondering what the stw lot are running?

Photos are always good.

Northwind

You measured your height with centimetres, therefore I’m out. Weirdo.

I’m 5’10 and very much a cotic medium, but I wouldn’t want to be much taller- my Hemlock has almost 400mm of seatpost showing frinstance and looks kind of absurdly small under me.

Cotic give good advice on this IMO, their sizing basically makes sense and Cy’s a pretty big lad from memory.

momo

Northwind – Member

This!

If it helps, I’m 6’1″ and happy with my large BFe with a 50mm stem.

fathomer

Ignoring the odd measurements 🙂

I’m 6′ ride a medium. Cotic (Paul in my case) where very helpful regarding sizing, drop them a mail.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

I’m 181cm and medium soul feels nice and roomy. They are quite long bikes so it will be more about your reach than overall height. I think most of the people on here with larges are more like 6’2-3…?

cardo

Giraffe genes here 6’2″ on large Mk.2

It’s also the stand over height you need to consider too I’m a 34″ inside leg.

tomlevell

I’m 5’10 and very much a cotic medium, but I wouldn’t want to be much taller- my Hemlock has almost 400mm of seatpost showing frinstance and looks kind of absurdly small under me.

Whereas I’m 5’10” and ride a small Hemlock/Bfe although I’m sure a medium would be fine. Large would be huge.

banks
    Free Member

You can all sod off 🙂 185cm – as thats what the tape measure said.

I’m just shy of 6’1″ few emails from Cotic put me on a Large but i’ve borrowed a medium and a large with almost identical builds around wharncliffe and they both felt ace with little drawbacks.

The Large looked huge but was felt fine riding it but didn’t fit in the car without taking both wheels off.

honourablegeorge

6’1″ on a large Soul, 50mm stem, don’t think I’d want it any smaller, but suppose that depends on usage.

banks
    Free Member

Cheers, 50mm stem and wide bars. Pretty sure it’ll be a large.

ahwiles
    Free Member

banks – Member

…The Large looked huge…

you are 6’1″…

you may not have noticed, but most people are a few inches cm’s shorter than you.

(and large 26’ers can look a bit odd)

lw246
    Free Member

6’1 and riding a medium bfe with a 50mm stem. I do need a 420mm post though.
    Feels fine blasting around wharncliffe on an evening, and has handled 4-5 hour rides without much issue as well.

I will admit to occasionally smacking my knees on the bars…but I’ve (almost…) learned not to do so now.

Not sure if I’d want anything bigger for how/where I ride. Previous bike was a large whippet which felt like trying to turn a tanker on tight bits of trail.

banks
    Free Member

Cheers for feedback. Always ridden a frame a little too small and just learn not to hit my knees. Ordered a Large in gritstone, happy days!

davewalsh
    Free Member

6′ here on a large soul with 740 bars and 50mm stem. Feels spot-on to me. Demo’d a medium soul and if felt too small. Also demo’d medium and large rockets and whilst they felt quite similar, the large was more stable on the downs.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I’m 6ft so 183cm and have a medium with a 70mm stem. A large would have been better for general riding but I wanted it for dicking about on, I’m taking it to the BMX track tomorrow night.

Superficial
    Free Member

6’1 and riding a medium bfe with a 50mm stem. I do need a 420mm post though.

Same here (except my stem is 60mm).

For your height:
    BFe – Medium
    Soul – Large

I just think for the intended use of a BFe, you want it on the smaller / chuckable side. But my medium BFe isn’t especially comfortable on long rides. It’s great for a quick blast around the local stuff and playing about on, though.

Ben_H

I’m 184cm – on a medium Soul with a very old skool 90mm stem (32inch leg; so upper body is where the length is).

ononeorange

6’2″ here and on a large Soul and Solaris. I don’t recall the stem on the Soul (70mm?) but on the Solaris I had to get an adjustable stem as otherwise it was just way too low for me (steerer had been cut down).

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

6’2″ and I’ve owned both.

70mm stem is too long I reckon (for messing about anyway), 60mm tops.

The large was better. The medium was too small for comfy xc riding, but still too big for messing about on properly. The large felt much more comfy for bike rides, but still rode just as well as the medium for downhill and dirt jumps.

Ideally you’d get a large and a small or x-small.

I reckon if you’re just getting one, the large is the way to go.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Daily Cotic thread.’ is closed to new replies.