Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • cyclists in Cambridge – RANT!
  • PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I was in Cambridge at the weekend. i was walking along by the river when two cyclists came along behind. one rang their bell excessively but the path was too busy to move out of the way. when they finally got through the other one comlained that they had rung their bell. couldn’t they have waited 10 seconds for the people to pass?!?!?

Then later we were walking back when two other cyclists came along side by side and rang their bell so we moved to the side giving them loads of room but instead of going single file like any other sensible cyclist would do, they somehow expected us to go right off the path to let them past. this meant that one of them rode straight into my brother nearly knocking him over!!!!! Then he turn round and said “oh sorry” in some dim sounding mutter.

Shortly after this one tried to barge through a gate in front of us but ended up crashing into the side. this cheered us up but just makes you wonder are they all that bad?!?!?

After that on the way home a guy came round a blind corner at a T junction no hands and nearly hit our car but he never even saw us because he had his ear phones in!!!!!!!

Has anyone else seen any similar occurances?

RANT OVER!

willard

Yes.

Basically, cyclists in Cambridge (students all, unless they are the local chavs that have stolen a bike) are scum that have no concept of awareness or courtesy for other road or footway users.

I _LOVE_ driving my car through Cambridge. Slowly. Obeying traffic signs and being courteous to other cars. i.e. generally annoying cyclists. For some reason, the rusty 4×4 with mud and dents puts the fear of god into them.

Strangely, this type of behaviour only happens when in Cambridge. everywhere else, I give them as much space as possible because I know that cyclists get a raw deal on the roads.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I lived in cambridge for 4 or 5 years (not as a student). I used to ride to work and the only thing worse than the motorists who were just pished off with all the cyclists, was the cyclists themselves. having not ridden a bike since they were kids, they get to the town and hop on a bike because its what you do there without a clue of how to do it.
    Mind you, the tourists don’t make life any easier.

so in conclusion, no-one in Cambridge should be allowed on the road. Except me. And i don’t live there anymore.

johnners
    Free Member

he never even saw us because he had his ear phones in

Sounds like he was wearing them wrong if they were stopping him seeing.

rootes1

students all, unless they are the local chavs that have stolen a bike) are scum that have no concept of awareness or courtesy for other road or footway users.

this is generally the case for adolescents in general – they lack awareness skills and in particular an understanding of how their actions affect others..

McHamish
    Free Member

Sounds like he was wearing them wrong if they were stopping him seeing.

Perhaps he couldn’t hear any cars because he had forgot to put his contacts in.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Sounds like fun 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘cyclists in Cambridge – RANT!’ is closed to new replies.