Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • cyclist gets dropped in roadrage!
  • c9tln
    Free Member

i’ve just come across this on youtube,has anyone seen it before? looks like they’re gypo’s, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKB9V7MNEXY&feature=player_embedded

dadster21
    Free Member

Happened this week. Guys were on a charity ride. It was also an article in the Evening Standard today. Seems like just another day on the way to the office for those of us that cycle around London. This is in Bexley Village. Road restrictions everywhere, humps in the road, expected car speed through the village is 20mph. I think the Police indicated that they are not taking this any further and are not following up the matter with the registered owner of the car (who was not driving it). Disgrace!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigyinn
    Free Member

Do keep up 007….

donsimon
    Free Member

c9tln – Member

i’ve just come across this on youtube,has anyone seen it before? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKB9V7MNEXY&feature=player_embedded
    😉

Oxboy
    Free Member

My brother experienced road rage and abuse from 4 youths in a car, unfortunately for them he’s 6ft 6 and gave 2 of them a good hiding while the other 2 ran away!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

looks like they’re gypo’s

Beer, anyone? Savoury snacks?

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I think the Police indicated that they are not taking this any further and are not following up the matter with the registered owner of the car (who was not driving it). Disgrace!

Presumably being driven by a NOTW reporter then…….

geordiemick00
    Free Member

three times now I’ve been hit by chav’s throwing a tin of pop at me, bloody hurts and they never stop and allow me to thank them… Bloody hurts, especially when it hits the ribs area

rOcKeTdOg

looks like they’re gypo’s,

er, my gypo recognition skills must be lacking then, they just look like **** to me

Harry_the_Spider

Me and Terrahawk got spat at by the passenger in a passing car last night (we were on road bikes, so it could have been STW Benji 😉 ). Charming.

Terra gave chase and nearly had him after about 3/4 of a mile. I suspect that he would have dragged him out of the window and owned him with a Blackburn mini pump.

oldgit
    Free Member

I’m I the only person who wouldn’t have bothered reporting that at all and just got on with it.
    I mean the cyclist for what ever reason no matter how small has clearly pissed off the bloke.
    But I’d say the way he lept out of the car was more violent than the actual contact, he only swipes him and knocks him over.

MSP

If he’s so angry that he jumps out of a car and takes a swipe at someone, then he’s capable of using the car as a weapon, very much needs reporting IMO

D0NK

I mean the cyclist for what ever reason no matter how small has clearly pissed off the bloke.

by being on the road? I dunno the facts of this case but plenty of drivers are offended just by cyclists being there, is that provocation enough?

But I’d say the way he lept out of the car was more violent than the actual contact, he only swipes him and knocks him over.

the violent offender punches like a girl so should be let off?
    I’m surprised at a roadie such as yourself* having that attitude

*maybe you’re not the forum user I’m thinking of

oldgit
    Free Member

Yes I’d just leave it.
    From some of the things I’ve read, I’m assuming the cyclist was at some point a bit ‘righteous’
    The blow wan’t that bad (was any harm done?) and has he stumbled on his own cleats?

But we don’t know the whole story. I’m just going on the stuff I see cyclists do and I just think you really really know how to piss people off don’t you.

oldgit
    Free Member

FTR I’ve only been hit the one time. A middle aged suited man was stood by his car looking at a map and gestured for me to come over to him. I did and he thumped me. road shoes and LOOK cleats didn’t help keep me on my feet.
    A witness stopped and offered his mobile to call the police, but I just put it down to him having a problem and declined the offer and rode on.
    Got worked up when I got home though, that was pre internet though.

DezB
    Free Member

I would say that is definitely not a “gypo”.
    “Gypos” do a fair bit of bare knuckle fighting and actually know how to throw a punch.

(I saw this on “Big Fat Gypsy Weddings” you see)

rewski
    Free Member

Not a nice thing for that kid to witness.

I’d move on and forget about it though, unfortunately these incidents seem to be on the increase.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

The blow wan’t that bad

Only because he missed. I really don’t think that was his intention. Its not hollywood, people don’t just jump up when they are punched in the head. It can easily end badly, like the incident in brighton.

D0NK

I just think you really really know how to piss people off don’t you.

Was that at me? I wasn’t trying to piss you off, I was genuinley surprised that someone who I assumed clocked up a lot of road miles (like I said could be mistaken identity) would feel that way.

Yes we don’t know what happened in the prelude to the punch but it’s still a violent attck and should be dealt with. If the cyclists damaged the guys car or other extreme provocation then he should have stopped and got the cyclist details and sorted something out without fisticuffs. As it was he got out thumped someone and ran off, looks like (but I could be wrong) he just went really OTT at cyclist for something minor.

edit and IME minor could be: being on the road, slowing someone down by a few seconds, calling a driver a naughty word after they very nearly hit you with their >1tonne vehicle.

nickname
    Free Member

I understand in this world that people are w*nkers and will do this kind of stuff.

What I can’t understand is why the police won’t pursue it 😮

PJM1974
    Free Member

Police seem to have been as much use as an ashtray on a hang-glider. Would be nice to see them actually get a conviction in this case, but it does look like they’ve just given up.

D0NK

PJM I think the police do a lot of good work but their (and society in general) view on car related naughtiness seems to be quite lax at times.

DezB
    Free Member

Thinking about this seriously though – what could that cyclist have done to provoke such an attack? I’m pretty aggressive towards motorists who drive stupidly, but if it’s a group of chunky blokes in a car like that, there’s no way I’d be stupid enough to take them on on my bike. (Or even shout my usual abuse!)
    I seriously doubt that that cyclist was at fault, so yes, the police should pursue it. If they aren’t, then maybe it was travellers?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

what could that cyclist have done to provoke such an attack?

http://road.cc/content/forum/37729-road-rage

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t get to that link this morning. Wassit say?

D0NK

A few weeks ago I was cycling from Dover to London with 6 other riders. We were coming through a Southeast London suburb when a car tried to overtake whist we were going past a traffic island which significantly narrowed the road. We remonstrated with the driver, shouting etc.

The car stopped and the driver and passenger got out and started using very threatening language and their body language was highly aggressive.

I was slightly ahead of the “gentlemen” concerned, standing astride my bike, looking over my right shoulder at what was making all the noise. I said nothing. They saw me reading the number plate and said “we see you have our number, now we’re effing gonna run you over you ****ing etc…”.

So they got back in the car and drove off with wheels spinning and clipped my right hand with a wing mirror. Being on a spring, it made a loud noise, and they stopped again, but this time the driver came over and punched me to the ground. I thought they would start kicking me, as I lay tangled in bike on the pavement, but the bystanders (people waiting outside a restaurant) told them to “go away”.

I was shaken but not hurt. The event was witnessed by my fellow riders, a bus driver and the bystanders. It was also captured on video from a helmet cam. The police were called and eventually came.

You’d think that it would be easy to locate and prosecute. It turns out that the registered keeper of the car was not using the car that day (he/she was not on the video) and apparently whilst the keeper went to a funeral the car was left unlocked with the keys in the ignition.

Upshot is that someone else, obviously being protected, was the driver and assaulter that day. Unless the police can get the keeper to talk, the assaulter goes scott free!

What a world!!! be interesting to know what “shouting etc” entailed but still a violent assault by driver.

oldgit
    Free Member

Was that at me? I wasn’t trying to piss you off

Good God no. I mean this sort of thing, riding behind a messy group I kept a distance because they looked like an accident waiting to happen.
    They were what I’d call cyclists. riding two abreast – fine, but gassing and drifting out to the centre white line. Followed them into the town, watched them overtake stationary traffic and dart accross a box junction causing a motorist to stop. Then were the road narrows going over a canal bridge they started to undertake the trafic then one of them started thumping a council tipper lorry because it was restricting their access. The lorries passenger jumped out raging, and they just shot across oncoming traffic and tanked off down the canal footpath.
    I just thought do they do this every week? and I’m here obeying the rules and they’ve got no further.

Looking back the consequences could have been the same, no excuse etc.
    Won’t the police just treat this the same as the thousands of minor assults that happen in pubs every weekend?

D0NK

ah, ok.

DezB
    Free Member

Cheers D0NK. Yeah, always look in the window before shouting at drivers!
    More than one bloke, don’t bother.
    I totally disagree oldgit – people in pubs are invariably under the influence of alcohol.
    Cyclists need the police to ensure this type of issue is a rarity. “Leaving it” is not an option in my book.

oldgit
    Free Member

It is a rarity though.

IMO some of the measures used to control traffic, are badly thought out and get motorists narked without us helping.
    Little things like advance stop lines for cyclists in front of lights that can’t be activated by cyclists causing drivers to speed up to get ahead. Mini rounabouts with so much slippery white paint and ironworks a cyclist can’t possibly give a hand signal to warn a motorist they are going to turn right.
    It’s pants and sadly we have to take it on the chin.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it is pants but we dont have to take it on the chin they could bemore considerate of our needs and give us more space etc and much of this would be avoided.Howe many of us have had a car try to overtake us where there are white lines or “street furniture” that narrow the road. They seem to think this is our fault rather than their popr judgement

GlitterGary
    Free Member

There were 4 cyclists and 4 blokes in the car, I reckon it was a fair fight. The one who fell over was as soft as clarts.

Whatever happened to standing up for yourself?

oldgit
    Free Member

Whatever happened to standing up for yourself?

Carbon soles and LOOK cleats.

theflatboy
    Free Member

worst punch ever – right on the handily placed helmet. 😆

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Don’t get me started on his mates either, just standing around when some fella takes a swing at him? Nice.

Oldgit – True 😀

TheBrick
    Free Member

Have you tried standing / running / jumping in spd cleats on tarmac? Let alone road cleats!

lazybike
    Free Member

when I saw that, I thought the guys in the car looked like policeman.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘cyclist gets dropped in roadrage!’ is closed to new replies.