Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cycling with a chest infection
  • lowey

Tight chest and a hacking cough, but really really want to ride. Will I Die if I take it easy ?

mikey74
    Free Member

Get yourself to a doctor first and ask them.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No but it lengthens my recovery significantly.

allthepies
    Free Member

Give it a go and let us know how it pans out 🙂

Drac

If it’s a cough fine if it’s infection no don’t ride.

mikey74
    Free Member

If it’s a cough fine if it’s infection no don’t ride.

Do you mind if I ask where you got that from? Not being rude, just interested to know if that is from a medical professional.

elaineanne
    Free Member

ive had a bad throat cough bad head for 3 weeks now and only been out riding once…sometimes the air clears your bad head,,, its a bad illness this one and theres loads of it around at the moment…usualy lasts 3-4 weeks…longer lasting illness…. grrrrr…. they shud close the ruddy school down…lol maybe i shud wear a goldfish bowl on my head,… 😉

Esme
    Free Member

The fresh air will do you good . . . but no heavy breathing

catfood
    Free Member

Got a horrible chesty cough at the mo, half way round a four hour ride today I was thinking what a bad idea this is, been suffering tonight, todays ride has made things a fair bit worse.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

If you think about what is actually happening when you have a chest infection you’ll see why it would not be a great thing to go and ride with one.

maxray
    Free Member

If you have a proper chest infection rather than a manfection then you wouldn’t be able to manage a ride.

Drac

Do you mind if I ask where you got that from? Not being rude, just interested to know if that is from a medical professional.

Yes it is.

jam-bo

If you have a proper chest infection rather than a manfection then you wouldn’t be able to manage a ride.

Conker that. Until I got a real chest infection over Christmas I thought I’d had several. In retrospect I realised they were just tickly coughs..

lowey

Hm I did wonder as I seem to remember someone once saying that above the neck OK, below the neck dont ride.

Looks like a gentle spin along the hill to the pub then.

Mikey, Drac would know mate.

Cheers guys.

loddrik
    Free Member

I had a very bad chest infection from september til just before christmas. Believe me, even riding to the end of the street would have wiped me out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cycling with a chest infection’ is closed to new replies.