Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Cycling trends that need to die. Episode 47
  • mjsmke

I do my turboing outside in the garden, specifically on the decking. how should I refer to my turboing area?

Man Garden

Bez

Tit plinth 😉

trailwagger
    Free Member

I’ve read that Alexa has much better voice recognition than other equivalents and gets more frequent updates.

Fist bumps…. ok
    Fist pumps…. never!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Calling Road Bikes and all road related things #Darkside.. 🙄

chakaping
    Free Member

I do my turboing outside in the garden, specifically on the decking. how should I refer to my turboing area?

Terrace of torment.

kelvin

Groups of kids wheelieing in the middle of the roads.

Woah… hold on there grandad!

scaredypants

Sorry, been in the conspurgatory all morning – won the 9.45 KoM of vom

have I missed much ?

Bez

Damnit Kelvin, that tune’s not on Spotify.

PS impressively comprehensive checklist of controversial riding locations in there 😉

plus-one

Fat bikes !!!

downhillfast
    Free Member

Station Of Salvation
    Door to Nowhere…
    Room of Doom
    Bitchin’ Kitchen (if you use the kitchen, obviously).

nedrapier

Decking of wrecking
    Structure of rupture

If the area of decking is within a semicircular recess covered with a hemispherical vault or semi-dome, Apse of prolapse.

brakes
    Free Member

going to the wreck deck bros – see you on the flip side.

kerley
    Free Member

Whereas moaning about the word “fixie” is the very definition of hedonism, obviously.

you are still sounding like fun

Dudie
    Free Member

Tent of twunt?

Puff palace?

northernmatt

I have a spare room of doom, sometimes I decamp to the dining room, also of doom.

Maybe I should get a Gazebo of Gnar.

epicyclo

tazzymtb – Member
    I really dont think the mad old Highlands dwelling beardie gives two hoots, what others think or do. He’ll be off pottering about on some 1930’s three speed thing with funny bars up a mountain looking like a deranged Santa Clause.

🙂
    It’s actually worse than that.

I’ve getting around been dressed in tights and going no-speeding. (Best not to visualise that.)

Taking my werewolfhound for 10km runs* in the mountains to build up her endurance so she can come singlespeeding with me once the snow comes.
    *running as in slightly speedy shambling.

Gratuitous pic

joemmo
    Free Member

Starting threads and thread titles with ‘So,…’ it’s the written equivalent of rising intonation. Just remove the so and the sentence will still make sense. Thank you.

giantalkali
    Free Member

patio of high ratio

kayla1
    Free Member

If you were using a turbo trainer in a warehouse in the late 80s/early 90s and listening to dance music, E-ed off your nut, would it be a Pain Rave?

Bez

Finally a legitimate reason to wear a hi-viz jacket and a load of stupid LED lights on a bike 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Artisan trousers

rexated
    Free Member

Alliteration in finding alternatives to describe where one performs indoor cycling. At least Pain Cave has some assonance going on.

Hmm. Alliteration as a tedious trend or default in mountain biking nomenclature and description more generally. Mountain Mayhem for instance. Where are the mountains? And what exactly constitutes the mayhem?

Come to think of it, Turbo Trainer is simply a bad place to start. I give up and am off the the Badgering Barn to sweat out some sweetness.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

wattage cottage has already been coined

https://www.instagram.com/wattage_cottage/

vdubber67
    Free Member

1) Wearing World Champs jerseys or kit of teams that you’re not a member of.

2) Claiming the above is somehow acceptable

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Cycling trends that need to die. Episode 47’ is closed to new replies.