Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • Cycling trends that need to die. Episode 47
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Undercroft of unpleasantness?

maybe some chamois creme would help

Or some bongo bukake

dougiedogg
    Free Member

When people say that they are “running” this fork or “running” those bars.

Why is everyone running? It’s bloody cycling!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Gnarmac shack
    Vroom room
    shred shed
    asphalt vault

Bez

I assume anyone working out in a garage hasn’t heeded the warning of American Beauty 🙂

tazzymtb

Zwift- get some friends and ride in the real world and if its all cold and dark and wet outside HTFU 😀

jonnyboi

I assume anyone working out in a garage hasn’t heeded the warning of American Beauty

I thought the moral of that story was not to knock one out in the shower?

weeksy

Tazzy….

I may get you a t0shirt 🙂

RustySpanner

weeksy – Member
    Rusty Spanner – Member
    How do I know if my beard is hipster or not?
    If it’s pretty, groomed and you have slicked hear with shaven sides…. it’s Hipster.

Phew.
    Thank God for that.
    The thought of being mistaken for a hipster nearly put me off my flat white.

weeksy

weeksy

The thought of being mistaken for a hipster nearly put me off my flat white.

You never used Eco friendly, vegan or Macchicato or however the hell people spell it.

tjagain

tazzymtb – Member

I really dont think the mad old Highlands dwelling beardie gives two hoots, what others think or do. He’ll be off pottering about on some 1930’s three speed thing with funny bars up a mountain looking like a deranged Santa Clause.

Funniest post on here for a while. I suspect epicyclo might actually be quite proud of that description

tazzymtb

Cheers Weeksy, that’s amazeballs. Not sure I could squeeze it over my cake belly and man-boobage though.

nevisthecat
    Free Member

cockpit…

…in reference to handlebars.

No, it’s your handlebars.

It’s not remotely like a cockpit unless you are sporting a tinplate analogue speedometer from the 1970’s, a bell, a plastic wah wah police siren (also from the 70’s) and an artificial horizon.

chakaping
    Free Member

“Pain cave” is spectacularly naff, agreed.

I propose “shred shed” in its place.

slowoldman

My weapon of choice for gnarr is a called my bike.

zigzag69
    Free Member

‘Spare room of Zwifting zoom’ if you don’t mind

globalti
    Free Member

Two things need banning:

People who call their bikes “she” and people who say “I run (X) on my bike”.

Grrrrr.

hedley
    Free Member

“Cycling trends that need to die. Episode 47”

Enduro Bobble hats
    People knocking Zwift and/or turbo training.
    Saying “reach out” rather than “contacted/spoke to”

tjagain

My pets hates are the confusion of rake and offset in cycling – and the way they quote the angles the opposite way to motorbikes.

All the pretentious stuff – rig / cockpit etc just makes me laugh

YoKaiser
    Free Member

cockpit…

…in reference to handlebars.

No, it’s your handlebars.

Well… I’d say cockpit is more used to describe,handlebars,grips,stem and any other handlebar furniture.

fooman

The only time the term cockpit should be allowed on bikes is if you wear flight goggles, a scarf, and frequently shout “If you can fly a Sopwith Camel, you can fly anything.”

Also referring to the hundreds of miles of ancient man made bridleways and byways as ‘natural’ trails.

kerley
    Free Member

Fixie’s and people who call fixed gear bikes fixie’s. Realise the trend is all but dead but it needs to completely disappear so I can just get on with riding my fixed gear bike in peace

thejesmonddingo

Undercarriage of Farage,not really turbo related,but distinctly unpleasant,and probably smells similar.

nevisthecat
    Free Member

YoKaiser – Member

Well… I’d say cockpit is more used to describe,handlebars,grips,stem and any other handlebar furniture

It’s still a bike, not the Eurofighter….

RustySpanner

I don’t mind turbos, got one myself.
    I also like video games.

But bowling on the Wii isn’t bowling.
    Equally, using a turbo or Zwift isn’t cycling.
    🙂

DezB
    Free Member

being condescending about what other people call things, like garages or bikes. WGAF? no-one

Ah, and yet to care about what people start threads about is absolutely fine and normal.

giantalkali
    Free Member

Yurt de la Pervert?

RustySpanner

Cottage of wattage frottage?

Shed of dread?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Outbuilding of torment

Shithouse of desolation

Flagellation station

oldnick

ferrit – Member
    ‘cottage of wattage’

A hearty LOL at this, thank you kind sir 🙂

natrix
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

fooman – Member
    The only time the term cockpit should be allowed on bikes is if you wear flight goggles, a scarf, and frequently shout “If you can fly a Sopwith Camel, you can fly anything.”

*Waves!*

Bez

Fixie’s and people who call fixed gear bikes fixie’s. Realise the trend is all but dead but it needs to completely disappear so I can just get on with riding my fixed gear bike in peace

It’s just a contraction. As is “bike”, which you appear to be arbitrarily perfectly happy with. (Along with omitting pronouns and full stops, and inserting wayward apostrophes, but I digress.)

I hate these threads, because one of the things that riles me is people getting all pompous and fussy about other people using words in a perfectly legitimate fashion. God help us if you lot ran the world and we had to use the most tediously literal devices possible for everything: we’d end up with a literary culture whose apogee was the script for a self-service checkout.

kerley
    Free Member

you sound like fun

mjsmke

Groups of kids wheelieing in the middle of the roads.

Bez

Whereas moaning about the word “fixie” is the very definition of hedonism, obviously.

LimboJimbo

Pergola of perspiration?

Bez

Groups of kids wheelieing in the middle of the roads.

Whereas pretty much everyone else pumping out clouds of carcinogenic guff by burning dinosaur juice obtained through massive political and military effort in the middle of the road is just dandy? 😉

philjunior
    Free Member

fist bumps

Come on, gotta allow fist bumps – only in their proper place post-gnar, pre-gnar fist bumps are ridiculous.

brakes
    Free Member

I do my turboing outside in the garden, specifically on the decking. how should I refer to my turboing area?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Cycling trends that need to die. Episode 47’ is closed to new replies.