• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by br.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cycling paramedic killed in road collision (flint north wales)
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-16902829

Sadly another cyclist has been killed after being hit by a car, a few days after “The Times” launched a campaign to make cycling safer for cyclists.

Deepest condolances to his family, freinds and workmates.

Wally

Very sad. I hate cycling on the road. Avoid it if I can.

wwaswas

Very sad.

hugor
    Free Member

I hate cycling on the road

Agree with you.
    But lots of people would rather place their lives at risk than break a minor law.
    Pavement cycling thread
    Very sad news for this man’s family.

brack
    Free Member

Very sad…2 years to go till his well earned retirement..

All the people he must have helped !

cynic-al
    Free Member

Project, any more cyclist deaths you can tell us about?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Another sad death 🙁
    Whoever wrote that Daily Post article needs the “quote” key removed from their keyboard though.

coffeeking
    Free Member

But lots of people would rather place their lives at risk than break a minor law.

I’d rather put my life at a *slight* risk than selfishly put other peoples lives at greater risk while inconveniencing myself massively with side roads, street furniture, pedestrians etc. Yup, call me an idiot! Or of course you could just join the rest of the traffic in a calm and sensible fashion and accept that you’re highly unlikely to be in a bike accident on the roads, despite the headlines.

bigjim

Range Rover driver, no surprise 🙄

coffeeking
    Free Member

Range Rover driver, no surprise

Stupid car-model based stereotyping by cyclist, no surprise

br
    Free Member

But was he hit while on the pavement/cyclepath or road – and if on the road, why would you cycle down a dual-carriageway when there is a wide pavement/cyclepath next to it?

I’m not ignoring that the RR driver was possibly paying no attention and ran him over – just curious?

And he wasn’t a ‘cycling paramedic’ but a ‘retired paramedic, who cycled’.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cycling paramedic killed in road collision (flint north wales)’ is closed to new replies.