Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Cycling Insurance and Legal Assistance – Who's Best?
  • BigJohn

Mrs BigJohn & I ride our bikes quite a bit. Not only mountain biking and road riding at home and when on holidays but for shopping, going to the gym and going to the pub. And wobbling home.

It’s about time I got proper cover for if we were to get involved in a collision. And I guess you’re in a stronger position if you’re a member before a problem occurs, rather than sorting it out afterwards.

Also, I often ride a friend’s bike, as his 2nd best road bike is better than my best anything, and he likes having me along for the ride, so to speak. If I damaged that I wouldn’t be covered on my house insurance and it would cost a fair bit to replace. (Pinarello, Corima, Most, Campag)

So which organisation is best? British Cycling, Cycling UK (are they the same as CTC?) or somebody else?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

British Cycling offer personal cover too.

Think it was around £138 for a £2000 bike for social use and not racing, £250 accessories cover and post code in a nice quiet area of Cambridgeshire.

You can extend it to family or 3 other bikes like add ins for a £10-15.

I paid £65 accident cover for a carbon bike in 2008 and a car hit me 3 months later. I claimed and was paid £1500 less £150 excess, 3 weeks wages and my smashed helmet within 4 weeks. No doubt my insurer claimed of the other party.

So for the insurance money of £65 I was happy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Cycling Insurance and Legal Assistance – Who's Best?’ is closed to new replies.