Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cycling insurance
  • eckinspain
    Free Member

My brother in law got knocked off his bike on Friday and i’m helping him find a solicitor. I’ve found some suggestions in previous threads (bikeline, cycleclaims, leigh day) and if I need more help I’ll start a new thread. 🙂

But my main question was about which cycle insurance I should get? He doesn’t have any and neither do I but I’m now thinking it would be a good idea.

CTC? Is there a British Cycling one?
    Ta

project
    Free Member

CTC AND BRITISH CYCLING both do a personal liability one if you hit someone, if someone hits you the other sides insurance pays.

Also try Bikeline.co.uk and Butterworth Spengler

eckinspain
    Free Member

Ah thanks. I thought ctc would help you claim/represent you in the event of someone hitting you.

I’ll look at butterworth spengler too.

MoreCashThanDash

CTC includes third party liability for when you hit someone else, legal assistance for when someone else hits you, and they seem more proactive on the campaigning front, so I’m with them rather than BC.

A mate has used their legal assistance a couple of times as he is irresistably drawn to stupid drivers on Manchesters roundabouts, and has had no problems.

wilburt
    Free Member

If someone else (who’s insured) is at fault and theres a reasonable chance of success your unlikely to be short of assistance.

eckinspain
    Free Member

It seems pretty clear from what I’ve heard that the other party was to blame and he was in a company car so presumably is insured. There were witnesses and the police attended.
    I think I’ll suggest he calls CTC first. Even non-members can get some help it seems.

bails

I’m a BC member. I’ve never had a claim against me so can’t comment on the third party stuff stuff. But I’ve used their legal assistance and was happy with the service (and the cheque from the stupid driver’s insurance!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cycling insurance’ is closed to new replies.