• This topic has 111 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by sbob.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • Who's not voting in the EU election?
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’m not. Only the three main parties and the fruit loops are standing where I live. I’ve not even the opportunity of a protest vote.

bokonon
    Free Member

The Green Party has candidates in every region…or do they come under “fruit loops” for you.

bokonon
    Free Member

There is always the cock and balls on the ballot paper option.

fin25
    Free Member

will pop down, if there’s no-one to vote for, cock and balls it is…

shermer75
    Free Member

LibDem counts as a protest vote these days

binners

The main parties are now an indistinguishable self-serving, corporate-dictated irrelevance. None of them worthy of voting for. I’ve voted Green, as they appear to be the only ones who are even remotely aware of whats happening in the real world. And believe me, thats a sentence I never thought I’d ever utter.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I was going to get a proxy vote as working away but OH didn’t get a vote as he hadn’t promised he wasn’t voting elsewhere so can’t be my proxy.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’ve voted Green, as they appear to be the only ones who are even remotely aware of whats happening in the real world. And believe me, thats a sentence I never thought I’d ever utter.

😆

It’s a funny old world, isn’t it!

Jamie
    Free Member

Last time around I voted Lib Dem across the board, that worked out so well I might just go punch myself in the nuts for a bit, instead.

Edukator
    Free Member

Daniel was on TV last night and was sufficiently convincing to get me to walk the 70m to the polling station to vote for malbouffe Bové.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

I used to vote Lib Dems purely because they supported proportional representation for all UK elections, which if implemented would allow my vote to actually count.

But their idiotic decision to be fobbed off with a referendum on PR rather than legislation, means that fond hope has been trashed for the foreseeable future.

Labour – never after Iraq.

Tories and anything to the right of them – obviously not.

So looks like the Greens for me by default. And at the Euro elections my vote actually DOES count.

prezet
    Free Member

Na, won’t be voting – I don’t believe in organised crime.

Lifer
    Free Member

Please elaborate.

Flaperon

I’m not. Only the three main parties and the fruit loops are standing where I live. I’ve not even the opportunity of a protest vote.

Basically, what you’re saying is that you can’t be arsed to vote, which is a disgusting attitude in itself. I’d be embarrassed to admit that I wasn’t going to vote in an election, be it local, general, or EU.

I turned up and just wrote “SPOILED” across the whole ballot paper. You could easily have done the same. It is an INSANE privilege to be able to do that and you clearly don’t realise how lucky you are to have the opportunity.

Being able to vote is one thing; being able to say, safely, that you think all the parties on the form are a crock of shit with no comeback is something else entirely.

If you can’t even be bothered to drag yourself to the polling station – I mean, you could even have cast a postal vote and not even needed to leave the house – then you can’t expect to criticise the incumbent parties. Or UKIP. Or the BNP. Or the greens.

Northwind

bokonon – Member

There is always the cock and balls on the ballot paper option.

Nah, not voting UKIP or Labour.

chewkw
    Free Member

Postal voted for:

MEP = UKIP
    Local council = Tories

Voted against the opposite in the Labour and Lib Dem strong hold.

I don’t like nanny state me. 😆

AdamW
    Free Member

Voting tonight for Greens. No way on this planet will I vote for right wing swivel-eyed loons.

At least MEPs are PR-based, so my vote may count.

wors

I voted Pirate Party. Ooo ahhh, pass the rum!

catschroedinger
    Free Member

that you think all the parties on the form are a crock of shit with no comeback is something else entirely.

i think ill write this next to the box I’m going to create

sadmadalan

If you can’t even be bothered to drag yourself to the polling station – I mean, you could even have cast a postal vote and not even needed to leave the house – then you can’t expect to criticise the incumbent parties. Or UKIP. Or the BNP. Or the greens.

Plus 1

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

My wives and I’s postal vote was delivered next door, they kindly gave it to me yesterday when i got home from work as they hadn’t seen me for a few days 🙁

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I turned up and just wrote “SPOILED” across the whole ballot paper. You could easily have done the same.

Really, with that quote you think you’ve got the moral highground against someone who didn’t vote? 😯

Flaperon

Really, with that quote you think you’ve got the moral highground against someone who didn’t vote?

Absolutely. It should be obvious why.

Sandwich

My wives and I’s postal vote was delivered next door, they kindly gave it to me yesterday when i got home from work as they hadn’t seen me for a few days

Submit the form at the polling station, it will count. Voting on the way home tonight, there may be drawing rather than X on the ballot.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Submit the form at the polling station, it will count.

I’ll do that, thanks 🙂

prezet
    Free Member

Haha, the ol’ pitchforks are out today.

You must be crazy if you think your little bit of paper is actually going to change anything. Sure it might put a different bum on a seat – but they’re just be serving the same bulls*t as the bloke before him.

Yes, I sure am privileged to live under this illusion. There is a reason turnouts are falling year on year, because people are waking up and realising this. If it makes you feel better (possibly in the same way people believe in god for an afterlife) then go ahead put your little scribble on a piece of paper and take comfort in knowing you changed a large piece of history.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

@ Prezet

I presume you’ve started your own grass roots party aimed at righting the wrongs then? Or joined one of the main stream parties with a view to fundamentally changing their constitution?

Or are you just smugly mocking whilst sat on your arse doing nothing?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

You must be crazy if you think your little bit of paper is actually going to change anything.

I must be crazy then.

As someone else said: it’s not a perfect system, but it’s the best we have.

I realise that nothing will ever be perfect, but my ballot is a drop in the ocean of having a say in how this country is run. That’s called democracy.

There are other ways to change a country, but few that purely require me to put a cross next to the party I think would do the best job of running the country, or representing my area in Europe.

chambord
    Free Member

Meh I got there but russell brand wasn’t one of the options so I didn’t bother ticking any

prezet
    Free Member

Or are you just smugly mocking whilst sat on your arse doing nothing?

Exactly that.

You go ahead and continue to think you can change the system… it’ll plough on regardless of what we all think. You’re under the illusion that whatever party your bit of paper votes in is actually in charge, and makes the decisions. Politicians are just the puppets.

zoo200
    Free Member

Prezet should move to Zimbabwe or somewhere and then tell us all it doesn’t matter…. Vote you ****… People died for this right!

muzzle
    Free Member

Prezet’s fun isn’t he. Has he called us ‘sheeple’ yet?

zoo200
    Free Member

I’m gonna vote UKIP to spite all non voters

miketually
    Free Member

I voted on my way to work this morning; I think I was the 12th person to go to our polling station and the clerks in there looked like they were prepared for a long, boring day.

I voted Green, which seems to be the new choice for those of us who were fooled into thinking the Lib Dems were a progressive party.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Plough on? Plough on flicking through the day time tv channels. Plough would infer some level of effort, coast along, on the backs of people who established your rights and relative comfort through the democratic process, I think you mean.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Submit the form at the polling station, it will count.

IMPORTANT: Do not put it in a ballot box. Talk to the officials – postal votes handed in in person go in a different box.

dazh

There are other ways to change a country, but few that purely require me to put a cross next to the party I think would do the best job of running the country, or representing my area in Europe.

You’ve expressed in one sentence exactly what the problem is. The greatest irony of what we call ‘democracy’ is that it has removed the power from the people which it claims to provide. It’s the illusion of choice and power, when in reality all you’re voting for is more of the same.

And don’t give me the ‘people died for it’ rubbish. You really think the Suffragettes, Tolpuddle Martyrs or any of the millions who died in the wars would look at today’s society and think this was worth dying for? Many of the things they fought for have been destroyed or so watered down that they wouldn’t recognise them any more.

prezet
    Free Member

The greatest irony of what we call ‘democracy’ is that it has removed the power from the people which it claims to provide. It’s the illusion of choice and power, when in reality all you’re voting for is more of the same.

+1

zoo200
    Free Member

The internet has destroyed society….

prezet
    Free Member

The internet has destroyed informed society….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Who's not voting in the EU election?’ is closed to new replies.