Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cycling around Elgin and Lossiemouth…
  • davetrave
    Free Member

So then, the RAF have very kindly posted my missus from York to Lossiemouth when she gets back from Afghanistan, whilst the Army gets to keep me in Nottingham. Gone from 2 hours and 100 miles to 10 hours and 500 miles between me and her and the nipper. I’ll get the chance to get back once a fortnight at best, but for a long weekend so at least a bit of riding will be on the cards up there.

What’s the local riding like – road, cross and MTB scenes? I know the Cairngorms aren’t that far away but they’ll have to be reserved for when I’ve got a bit more than 3-4 days at “home” – more interested in the immediate vicinity of Elgin and Lossie… Ta.

kcal

local MTB club – Moray MTB club which is really just a placeholder. Easiest to log on to the forum – Moray MTB forum – and ask away.

decent riding of all sorts available – XC, steeper stuff, Fochabers and Ben Aigen trails close by (well, close enough) and a local road club as well – Elgin CC. Not really too much cyclocross action I’m aware of.

local riding is varied, well drained wooded stuff nearer the coast, higher barren moorland stuff into the Speyside hinterland. Plenty local roads and pretty quiet, just need to watch out for the boy racers and tractors 🙂

swavis

Plenty of good trails about. The MMBC head out most Tuesday and Thursday evenings, Tuesday tends to be a faster pace and Thursday tends to concentrate on fun trails, mainly in Quarrelwood just outside Elgin.
    I’m a member but living in Aberlour I tend to ride the Speyside hinterland more.
    My advice would be to join the forum and post up when your about and somebody will show you about. I’d be happy to be a guide during weekends 😀

kcal

whilst the Army gets to keep me in Nottingham

hm… any chance you could get a posting to Kinloss, now being re-invented as an Army base?

davetrave
    Free Member

Believe me, I’m working on it! But there’s only about a 30% chance of it coming to fruition…

devs
    Free Member

It’s rubbish here. Try and get a joint posting to Wrexham. If that fails give us a shout and I’ll be happy to show you around.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cycling around Elgin and Lossiemouth…’ is closed to new replies.