Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cyclesheme and warranty?
  • yodagoat
    Free Member

I bought a Revolution Belter to use as my commuting bike a few months ago. A couple of months after that the freehub packed in which was swapped for a complete new back wheel. After a wee ride today it looks like the freehub is on its way out again. So here’s my question. I’m beginning to think that belt drive isn’t for me, I don’t want a bike that keeps breaking all the time so I’m going to ask to swap it for a regular chain drive bike. The shop say this should be fine but there may be some hassle as its a Cyclescheme bike.
    Whats the STW thought on all this?

(I don’t need an opinion on how good/shite belt drives are :roll:)

Dibbs
    Free Member

My cyclescheme agreement said that maintenance/repair of the bike was my responsibility.

stanfree
    Free Member

I’d say stop dicking about with overpriced own make suspender belt bikes and get a decent wee cross / road bike with drop bars. Failing that a Wifies shopping bike with a nice basket on the front.

yodagoat
    Free Member

Really? I wouldn’t have signed up for that. If something is faulty its usually covered by a warranty, no?

yodagoat
    Free Member

A shopping basket would be the damage!

stanfree
    Free Member

AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT.
    😆

scotroutes

As you are not the owner of the bike, it will surely be “Cyclescheme” that would need to make the warranty claim.

OTOH, if this is through Edinburgh Bike Co-ops own scheme then your employer owns the bike and it would be their responsibility to chase up any warranty – although there may (should) be a procedure in place.

22. What happens if my bicycle has a warranty problem during the hire agreement period?

When you choose your bicycle equipment, Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will advise you of the warranty period, as they vary with each bicycle.
    If you experience problems within the duration of the warranty period, take your bicycle back to the Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative who will liaise with the supplier on your behalf.

yodagoat
    Free Member

Its the Cyclescheme that I got the bike through, not the co-op’s, so I think technically it’s my employer that will make the warranty claim.

kazafaza
    Free Member

Hmmm, but it’s you who have the bike on loan from your employer, you are using it and therefore you are expected to take care of it…me thinks?

Anyway, if the bike is faulty again then it shouldn’t be a problem to swap it for a different model(up to the same value) – surely your employer doesn’t give a monkey whether your bike is white or black as long as the cost is the same? There might be some paper work involved as your employer has(should have) the records of the bike. Have a chat with the bike shop – they’ve been paid through the scheme already, so I guess they want/need to keep you happy and resolve the warranty issue in your favour.

yodagoat
    Free Member

Well the shop done good. Edinburgh Bike co-op are going to swap the bike for me. Happy Days.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cyclesheme and warranty?’ is closed to new replies.