Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 145 total)
  • Photo a day, 2013 – who's in?
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

Sounds easy, but it’s a significant challenge. I did it in 2010 and I’m going to try again in 2013.

This group has quite a few STW bods in it:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/onephotoeveryday/

And my 2010 set is here:

2/365

It’s very fulfilling to complete it and my memory of 2010 is incredibly detailed as a result, which is important when you can’t remember much about the last month… ;o)

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I tried it last year but my camera broke and i only had a really crappy phone camera so gave up! I have a decent phone camera now which is handy for this kind of thing! Also having moved to London there is plenty to take photos of every day now!

I’m in!

grum
    Free Member

Ok I’m in. Need a personal challenge.

Trekster

I was going to give it a go again, failed a couple of times 🙄
    Working 12hr shifts, going to and from work in the dark kinda dampened my enthusiasm.
    Have a TZ19 and a flexi tripod now so better equipped for difficult lighting. Son has given me an old PC with ps on it so might be able to do some “creative” stuff or at least try and ” enhance ” my images a bit. I do prefer seeing images as taken tho

Any thoughts on themed weeks/ months or just keep it simple?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Keep it simple.

Most people are content to just take a simple snap each day while others will set the bar higher in terms of creativity. I went through phases where I felt inspired and others when I only just managed a perfunctory snap of the cat at 10 to midnight.

There are monthly comps to keep you motivated too.

druidh
    Free Member

There would be too much delay between me finding just the right shot, photographing it, developing it, scanning it and uploading it to flickr…

… so I’m out 🙂

stuartie_c
    Free Member

You being obtuse, Druidh?

😉

metalheart
    Free Member

Hmm, sounds like something I need to do to get me focused (sorry) on my photography….

Got a new camera that hasnt had enough use yet.

This could be the answer…

ton

i started a ‘1 ride a day for a year’ thing on boxing day.
    and am gonna have photographic proof of doing so.
    so yeah, i might give it a go.

scrub that…..the quality of pics looks far to good for me.
    i pride myself with crap pics, so i will keep posting em on here.

cp

Yep, I’m defo in this year 🙂

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Tried this in 2010 need to do it again, so I’m in!

DrT
    Free Member

I’m in. Tried and failed in 2010, started again late 2011 and currently on day 486 🙂 I use the Flickr group stuartie_c has linked to.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I’m in

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Ton – just do it. Quality is unimportant unless you’re pushing yourself to improve.

grim168
    Free Member

sounds a doer. Just looked through your shots. Some good ones there. I need a reason to take more pics.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ve just requested to join the flickr group. so I’m in too

Kato

Tried and failed a few years ago. Will upgrade my Flickr and try again

martinxyz
    Free Member

I would be struggling to find decent stuff to take pictures of each day of the year. I’m out!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

C’mon Martin! You live in God’s Own County…

Great response so far!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m up for it, only ahem, small issue is that I can’t find my camera…. Could be. Problem.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

You have 33 hours to find it, Greg!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I think it’s in the car, I’ve searched the house! Mrs is away to work in the car, won’t be in til 9. 😯

_tom_
    Free Member

Tried it before and got sick of it 😆 bring back mtg’s weekly photo challenge i reckon!

chvck
    Free Member

I keep trying it but always find that my day to day life doesn’t differ enough to keep it interesting!

mikehopkins
    Free Member

I’m in.

martinxyz
    Free Member

and my Flickr thingy is full.

grahamh
    Free Member

worth giving it another go 😀

ton

i am in.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Good luck to you all.

I did it in 2009, 2010 & 2011 but needed a break in 2012, maybe I’ll be back in 2014

If it helps those going for it this year you need to know the following.
    It get’s hard from Mid Feb but easy again from after Easter, you will need to pay to be a Flickr Pro user after uploading about 200 photo’s (if you’re not a member already that is) but it’s only about £12 a year. Plus by mid year you’ll want to buy another camera.

Here are my 3 years
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/25655510@N02/sets/72157612202073656/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25655510@N02/sets/72157622989236075/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25655510@N02/sets/72157625603952651/

Good luck and happy snapping

I certainly intend to try, but will probably fail in the first week

Creg

Determined to make this all the way through this time, usually given up after a couple of weeks in my previous attempts.

Also determined to take more than just photos of the sodding cat, as I have done in the past.

sas
    Free Member

I’ve been doing it for 5 years now:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/manicstreetpreacher/collections/72157623350779833/

However a lot of the time I just end up taking pictures of random stuff at home because it’s getting late and I’ve forgotten.

podman
    Free Member

I tried this last year, but without a group or any peers I soon forgot about it and accidentally gave up. Have better cameras now and need to make use of them so happy to try again!

andytherocketeer

Will stick with Photo-a-Week again, I think.

Managed Photo-a-Day before (but there were a lot of 23:59 shots of anything just to not fail the challenge).

bigG
    Free Member

Aye go on then. I’m in

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Sounds good..a reason to dig my camera out and use it!

footflaps

Hmm interested, I probably take more than 1 a day on my iPhone, had it 2 years and have over 2000 snaps on it – mainly cats and workshop…

Sandwich

It was worth opening this topic as Flickr are giving 3 months free to all their Pro members if you click on the link on your photo stream homepage.

Not sure if I want to join the one a day group but I’ll give it a go on my own.

st

Just put in a request to admin to join, worth a punt.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Photo a day, 2013 – who's in?’ is closed to new replies.