Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cycle2work/Cyclescheme full susser?
  • isitafox
    Free Member

Is there any full suspension bikes for under a grand worth getting on a cycle to work scheme that would be an improvement on my Heckler?
    It’s an 06 with Manitou coil shock, AM3’s, DT Swiss Hope Hoops, XT 4 pot discs and 1×10 XT/SLX drivetrain??

Just wondered as my current scheme is almost up and I’ve not really noticed the money going so considering picking up a more modern MTB.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Doubtful as you don’t get much even in hartail form for £1k these days.
    You may be best seeing if any shop will allow you to top up the price to a model you choose but its not strictly legit and could cause problems with joint ownership if you leave the company.
    Also you could look at somewhere like pauls cycles at the clearance deals and pay the 10% they ask to cover c2w costs.

Bagstard
    Free Member

A friend of mine has recently chopped in his 06 Heckler with 36 floats and DHX5 for a Boardman team fs and he loves it. Much lighter, pedals better, longer tt and with the slightly bigger wheels just as good on the DH.

He has changed the gearing to 1×10 shimano, dropper and wider bars and it has been fine at BPW.

bencooper
    Free Member

Because a full-sus DH rig is perfect for the daily commute 😉

Bagstard
    Free Member

Well the state of the roads these days…

isitafox
    Free Member

Hard going to work but way comfier on the way home! 8)

wiggles
    Free Member

No

andy3809
    Free Member

My bro just picked up a giant stance through work for 1k… It looks completely naff, all colour coded but rides well and you could upgrade it to be a decent bike.

Only bikes I’d consider on our scheme is either a giant anthem or trance from pauls cycles as above

munrobiker
    Free Member

MBR were very keen on this, despite the stupid name and naff graphics.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/calibre-bossnut-full-sus-mountain-bike-p347143

Calibre Bossnut (2016) review

cookeaa

Why not simply get a donor HT so you can bolt all the new bits on your old Heckler? Then of course realise the forks won’t fit and go buy a shiny new dandyhorse frame on a 0% card…

That’s what everyone else who rinses the scheme does innit?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cycle2work/Cyclescheme full susser?’ is closed to new replies.