Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cycle to work schemes
  • psychobiker
    Free Member

Looks like my place will be finally doing a cycle to work scheme. Unfortunately it looks like the Halfords one. Any experience, good / bad how are they for obtaining decent bikes Scott / Specialized is the scheme up to much.

Any Info greatly appreciated.

Marcel

t_p
    Free Member

The scheme is fantastic and well worth signing up to! Pay for a bike over 12 months with no credit check and no interest!! No Brainer!!

If they don’t have the bike you are after then some LBS are signed up to the scheme and will be able to redeem the Halfords voucher for you so you will be able to continue to support a Local shop! Definitley ask your local stores if they will accept the vouchers!!

scruff9252

Just gone through it myself, got a Dolan le etape with SRAM rival groupo. Took about 3 weeks from receiving purchase order to having some shiney new carbon in my paws, cracking bike and I should save about 30% on shelf price.

You need to check what your co do at the end of the year, the HMRC website wording could allow the arrangement to be set up with little savings.

Seemed a no brainer to me though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Halfords C2W vouchers are also accepted by some LBSs. We do. And we sell Spesh and Giant. 🙂

psychobiker
    Free Member

That sounds a liitle more helpful. Unfortunately our Human Resource manager is not a cyclist, so I dont think he sees the need for it. It is being foisted upon him from above.

There are 700 employees here so not a massive firm, but equally not a one man and his dog operation.

Marcel

grim168
    Free Member

Our scheme runs through halfords. Had an orange crush and a scott road bike from leisure lakes with halfords voucher and a boardman team fs.

Garry_Lager

It used to be the case, and maybe still is, that Halfords could order you any bike via the cycle to work scheme. So you could get a bearded-singlespeed misery chariot if you felt like it – no worries with choice at all.

Scheme as a whole is still worth it – the end point hire agreements are sort of bollox compared to the old days, but you can’t argue with the savings. Just about to order something myself.

loddrik
    Free Member

Does the end bit still apply?? The wife bought a bike last year and when the 12 months was up that was it. Never heard anything else about it. The bike was hers.

psychobiker
    Free Member

Lets hope Loddrik.

freeagent
    Free Member

I’ve bought two bikes through C2W and my company gives us the bike at the end as a BIK, and we just have to pay the tax on its value.
    (ie – if the final ‘settlement’ was supposed to be £100, we just have to pay the tax on that £100)
    I’m sure an armchair expert will be along in a minute to tell me they are wrong, but quite honestly I don’t care.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cycle to work schemes’ is closed to new replies.