Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • cycle computers, how to check the settings are correct?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

my cateye enduro 2 seem to read pretty acurattly to me but recently someone in our club seemed to think the identical ride we had done was quite a bit longer.i spent a lot of time trying to set up mine before use but how can i check its ok? is there a way of checking settings??

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Find a local roadie and get him/her to show you one of their time trial routes. That will have been measured to the metre.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Compare it to a GPS. Mine was (By chance) silly accurate last time I did this. Something like 0.1 of a mile over 50+ miles. 🙂

downshep

Inflate tyre to usual pressure. Take bike to long straight bit of level tarmac. Rotate wheel until valve at 6 o'clock, mark ground with chalk. Sit on bike and have someone push you forward in a perfectly straight line until the wheel has completed 10 revolutions. Mark ground, measure distance travelled, follow leaflet that came with computer and divide the answer by 10.

Find a measured half mile used by local traffic cops to calibrate their speedos / VASCAR and ride along to check accuracy. Bit tricky on motorways mind.

elliptic
    Free Member

For long road rides the route plotting feature in Google maps is your friend if you don't have a GPS log.

And I have a standard calibration run for computers, exactly 2.5km between the junctions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘cycle computers, how to check the settings are correct?’ is closed to new replies.