Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • CyB – 'Sport' route?
  • bowglie

Haven't been to Cyb for years – Does anyone know if the 'Sport' route still exists? Great little 'fast blast' circuit from what I remember – I think it dodged on & off the main routes (MBR etc.) – but can't see it mentioned on current CyB info.

dyls

The trail could still be there if you can remember where, it isn't signposted as it was on the 'old' side of the A470. There is a new route called Cyflym Coch at CYB which is quite smooth for a quick blast if you want, think it's 10km.

bowglie

OK, ta for the info. Sounds like it might be possible to link it together from the newer routes then (if the flow of traffic allows). I think the old route started off by climbing up a fire road that ran to the south/south west of the old (nice) cafe, then dropped down some gently descending 'flowy' singletrack – but kept to the west side of the A470 for some way. Can't remember how & where route crossed A470, but seem to think the main climb was on east side of road.

I remember some of the names mentioned on the Cyflym Coch route – the distance also sounds about right. Just wanted to check, cos never know how the FC's tree-felling/re-landscaping can affect things. (& last time we were there was in 2002!)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cyflym Coch is the badger's nadgers. Maximum funtime for minimum climbing.

bowglie

Maximum funtime for minimum climbing.

Just the ticket 😀
    Really like routes that are short & flowy enough to do a familiarisation lap follwed by one or two flyers.

Paisley
    Free Member

Downloadable routes here

Looks like the Cyflym Coch uses some of the old RedBull loop which was always a nice warm up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘CyB – 'Sport' route?’ is closed to new replies.