• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jonba.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • CX bike advice req'd – On One Pickenflick
  • robgclarkson
    Free Member

i’m about to buy the SRAM Rival 22 version of this click here… is there anything else i should be considering instead? £1600 is the absolute limit of my budget…. so what are the reasons i shouldn’t be buying it?!?

oh and On One are about 5 minutes away from work so the lack of customer service that OO are famed for isn’t an issue, as i can go down there and make a fuss if required 😉 (though that being said, I’ve bought bikes from them in the past and found them to be a pleasure to deal with)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ritchey Swiss Cross disc
    Bowman bikes something or other

mattsccm
    Free Member

I love mine

jonba
    Free Member

DO you want SRAM?

Rose have some nice looking ones

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-team-dx-cross-2000-hydraulic/aid:848791

Canyon site is down but they may also have some.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If you’re paying £1600 for something, do you really want it to say “on one” on the downtube?

Also, if you’re paying £1600, surely you’d want to custom build it?

nickdavies

The decals come off 😉

PS if you’re that close I’d ask nicely when you go in if they’ll knock £100 off like it was last week – it’ll only be on again next week.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

I’m a big SRAM convert in recent years having used XX1 on a few bikes… & I have no issue with on one decals….

Just been looking at Rose, interesting indeed, anyone know when Canyon will be back online?

robgclarkson
    Free Member

mattsccm, how do you go on with mud guard?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

C’dale SuperX SRAM Rival reduced to 1500 at some of the usual Dale discounters (Westbrook/Drake’s/Triton).

60 quid TCB if @Westbrook.

jeffl

I’ve got rival 22 on the commuter. Thought it would be rubbish but after 6 months and a thousand odd miles it’s still going strong and I really like it.

curto80
    Free Member

Re: Canyon, was meant to be back up 7am Monday so clearly their big re-org is taking longer than planned.

Haze

Ugly shifters, not tubeless?

P20

I’ve just bought the Cannondale CAADX Ultegra for £1500. Haven’t had a chance to ride it yet, but really pleased with it

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Not that impressed with my Canyon Inflite AL as a race bike. Very pingy. I wouldn’t bother waiting for their site to come back up.

jonba
    Free Member

I’ve become a big fan of Rose since the weekend. I just bought a Xlite CRS Di2 road bike. Only had two days out on it so far* but it is an awesome bike. I’ll certainly be looking through their site when I next need a new bike.

It is dangerous but there are options to play with the spec so you can upgrade wheels etc. so if the base model is not quite right you can tweek it. On my road bike I changed the wheels. With any CX bike check the from chainring sizes. Lazy manufacturers will just put a road compact on. You will probably be ok dropping down the 50 to a 46 or 44 and keeping the 34 (I manage fine) but a good one will give you a CX specific set up. Factor in the cost as the chainrings can be pricey.

*Two days riding and three hill climbs, my club champs and 2 open events. Clean sweep of wins on a new bike I wasn’t familiar with and wasn’t fitted properly yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘CX bike advice req'd – On One Pickenflick’ is closed to new replies.