Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cwmcarn Visitors Centre Open Sunday?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Happy New year 🙂 Does anyone know if its open tomorrow as heading up there with some mates 🙂 It says closed Christmas week so I guess its Open 11-4?

DavidB
    Free Member

It was shut yesterday so I very much doubt it will be open Sunday.

Alex

Have they opened the access road? That was shut on Weds (and had been for a month apparently)

DavidB
    Free Member

Yes, it opened at 10am yesterday just after we had taken the diversion.

darkmattah
    Free Member

What are the trail conditions like at Cwmcarn – I was going to do cannock chase but that’s turned into a bog during the thaw!

foxyrider
    Free Member

I read during winter its only open Sat/Sun so I wonder if it is open?

fbk
    Free Member

darkmattah – I’d heard Cannock was a serious slog at the mo. I reckon Cwmcarn should be better than that anyway – pretty solid base so it tends not to get so cut up by ice/snow. We rode there last year in several inches of snow and it was a great laugh. We’re off there tomorrow so fingers crossed it’ll be fine – anyone know anything different?….

See you tomorrow Rich.

cheers_drive

Cwmcarn was very wet on the ground on Thursday and there was a few small sections of ice and snow left which will have gone by now. The conditions made it slower going than usual but grip wasn’t a problem.
    The access road and centre was close which was a pain. Didn’t miss the awful food but the bike wash would have been useful.

thebunk

We were there yesterday and nothing was open, not even the toilets (more of a problem for mrsbunk than me 😉 ).

I think the sign on the visitor centre door said that they were closed till the 4th.

Conditions were damp but fine, though the wash was closed so your car might get a bit muddy…

Alex

Tuesday

Wales – The Slush-Puppy Tour by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Wales – The Slush-Puppy Tour by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

But apart from the middle of the climb, loads of grip just slow going in parts. Afan the day before was somewhat harder!

Be fine now I’m sure.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I just found out its closed as well till the 4th – texted Darrell @ Cwmdown 🙂 Cheers 🙂

mah05
    Free Member

yeah visitor cente shut till tuesday . the trails are fine was there earlier

Special_ized_Jamie

Heading over that way on Monday, hoping for some good conditions but went out today and prepared for the worst with some new seal skinz socks and waterproof shorts!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn Visitors Centre Open Sunday?’ is closed to new replies.